• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

[The Gentle Breeze] Chapter 3 - Psychadellic Boogaloo

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Jayden had done as asked, pulling the rabbit girl and the guy she was with apart, throwing a blanket over them with a hint of irritation. "Jesus... This is the one who owns the guinea pig," She said, picking the girl up, still wrapped in a blanket and carrying her out of the room, her ears also perking up. One of the benefits of being biologically engineered with the same technology of the Daqin. Wasn't uncommon for her to be basically as capable as a Daqin. "Yeah I heard that..." She said, quickly walking down the hall, trying to keep the rabbit's head from hitting the ceiling. "Let's get her to the restoration pod, after finding out what's making that banging sound."

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
???????
Female Bathroom

"Okay," the Koala waved to the departing Brigid. "Have a good day," he obliviously wished the Infernumar well. Turning his attention back to Dante, the Koala simply stared at him for a moment, the look on its face feeling none-too-bright. "Oh. Yeah. I remember now," Charly began. "You all came in. Then, I started cleaning the toilets," the smooth brained Chongwu recounted. "Though, I made sure not to us the mega-mop on the toilet bowls like a good janitor would. Mops are for floors," he added, making sure Dante understood too. "When I finished, I turned around, and there I was. Big surprise!" It paused for a moment and scratched its head. "And then I woke up and said Hi to you guys."

His head tilted to the side. "Uh. What's that noise?"

???????
Female Hall

Though it had answered Rikka, the Guinea Pig's tiny body shook and trembled as Royama asked for more, retreating a bit more into its house.

"Grey-thing monster-horror," the Chongwu's translator continued to misspeak from the stress. "Float-fight, book fly-bash she-person in head. "Yelling. Screaming. Hate. Much hate at she-tiger! Hide! Want to hide! Skitter-scurry away, but Algernon fly too!" it the Guinea Pig gestured to itself. "Pain-hurt, black," the pet rodent finished, its tale ending ominously. Ears perking up, it scooted into the darkness of its home entirely. "Noise. Bang-banging. Not good! Hide!"

???????
Moving -> Lobby

"Jayden," Sif began. "If it's the Koala...are you willing to fight it? They found a second one, and it's never met another one before. It blacked out after 'meeting itself', it said," the Tigress explained as they made their way back to the lobby. Each step they took however, the noise became more distinct to their ears. A steady, almost wet, almost sticky 'Thump. Thump. Thump.' Tensing, getting ready, Sif pinged Brigid to synch their entry. "About to enter into the lobby in three...two...one."

Pistol drawn, Jayden and Sif entered, with Brigid coming in from the opposite side.

"Oh. Hey there," the first Koala they found noticed them. Sitting on top of the main desk, the dried blood from its nose down to its waist was ominous enough, but the small, growing puddle was all too fresh. "She won't stop," the smooth brained Chongwu dumbly pointed a claw at Viz.

Face down, the blue haired Priestess lifted her head, only to thump it down into the countertop, again. And again. And again.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Jayden nodded her head. "Yeah, its one thing to kill someone for no reason, or petty fear. Its another thing to kill something actually dangerous," She said, jogging down the hallway. The scene she was introduced too was... Well... Strange. The Koala she had found was now awake, and Viz was beating her head into the counter, and was very much so bleeding as she did. She stopped, looking at the blue haired bimbo, tapping her muzzle. "You know, I kinda like the new Viz. She does all the hard work for me," She said, before letting out a knowing groan. She didn't need to see the look she was going to get to know what was abut to be said. "Yes yes," She muttered, walking up to Viz. "I'll stop her," She grumbled, placing her hand firmly on Viz's forehead, her other arm wrapping around the dumbasses chest to stop her from continuing to slam her head into the desk.

Brigid narrowed her eyes at the koala Chongwu and pointed her gun at it. "Drop the act. The real Charly told me what happened, you imposter. Stop hurting our Healer! We're the only ones who get to slap Viz around, damn you." She said, hoping she wasn't just making herself look like an idiot. It was a bluff and a guess. Even so, she was really trying to sell it.

"You have three seconds to come clean, or you die. Your choice."

Noodles

Royama nodded at the hamster and stood back to her feet, "Right. Big grey monster- hates big cat. Thanks for your input. Get some rest." The doctor waved goodbye to the tiny Chongwu- taking a short moment to appreciate how absurd that entire conversation was- and then left to go join the rest of the squad. Instead of joining the rest of squad in the room Royama loitered in the hallway just outside the door so she wouldn't be in the way in case things began to go downhill. One of those koalas was potentially a horrific monster.

"Back Brigid up. Weapons ready- try not to shoot one another. If it comes down to it give Jayden her shot."

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
???????
Lobby

As Jayden reached down to stop Viz, she felt the priestess's forehead thud against her palm. Even with the suit, she could feel it. Hot blood slowly dripped down between her fingers as Viz finally stopped moving. And then took a breath. A small, tiny breath. As she cradled Viz, her blue hair stained red, the Koala Chongwu sitting on the desk leaned over to the side as its bead eyes looked up to the Ligress, however, the moment the others pulled their guns on it, the blood stained mini-janitor froze. Sif had it in her sights alongside Royama, silent as Brigid spoke. Holding its breath despite the Infernumar and her warning, the Koala simply stared at them all, eyes darting back and forward in what could only be nervous contemplation. Right as a dark blotch began to spread at its groin.

"I'll come clean!" the Koala janitor spoke up. Unzipping its tiny, soiled jumpsuit, it began to try and undress, only to fall off the table and hit the floor with a thud. "I'm sorry, I'll come clean! I'll come clean! Please!" it begged.

"Rikka," Sif began, flask in hand. "Take a sip, and use 'lay on hands' on Viz." With the lid open, Rikka, Brigid and Dante could all feel the faint ebb and flow of magic emanating from the contents. It was a mana potion.

Last edited:

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Jayden stood there for a moment, waiting for Viz to try and continue bashing her head. She could feel the blood, and her face screwed up a little at it, as she looked over at Sif. "I swear to whatever gods might exist, if I catch stupid like an STI from this bitch, I want benefits," She grumbled, as the Koala Bear started to remove his jump suit. "Oh, and he's getting naked wonderful," She added with a sigh. "Why does this weird shit always happen to us? Like... Why can't we just have normal shit happen for once? Go on a mission, shoot some guys, steal some information, and move the hell on?" She asked simply.

Then Sif ordered Rikka to use Lay on Hands on Viz, and the large cat scoffed. "Wait, are you serious?" She asked, laughing a little. "What the hell are we? A Dungeons and Dragons troop?" She asked with a bit of a cackle. "Oh yes! Rikka is our Paladin, Brigid is our warlock, and I'm the barbarian. I get it now. This team sometimes... I feel like I'm the only sane one here..."

Sageshooter

Rikka watched the Guinea pig as she huddled back into her hideaway hole, frowning a little to Royama until she was called off by Sif. She looked down to the flask and blinked, giving it a sniff and a once over before she tilted her head back and downed it in two gulps. She caught her hood just before it fell off, but they would get a quick flash before she took in a breath. The crown above her head, the halo of barbed metal, flared for a moment before her eyes grew in brightness.

A shiver passed down her spine before she looked to Jayden with a small glare, but regardless she placed her hands on Viz and shut her eyes. A soft breath escaped her lips before a faint glow traveled from her shoulder down her arm into her hand, and suddenly rushed into Viz's body, alighting her with a holy glow. She let out a small sigh and pulled her hand back, having dumped a considerable amount of energy into that heal, about what she had been given in the bit of the overcharge from the potion, and gave herself a little huff as she removed her hand and looked down to the priestess.

Brigid ignored Jayden's comments. This wasn't the time for jokes. She felt like something important was going on, something possibly dangerous. They had all been disabled by whatever it was, and it could happen again. The koala's reaction threw her off. Her heart pounded in her chest. Right now, the suspects were the janitors, but which one was the fake? The flash of holy light from Rikka burned her eyes, and she yelped, looking away and shielding her eyes. "Shit, that burns." She hissed.

She flipped up her helmet and forced herself to take a few slow, deep breaths."Okay, Charly. Please stop taking off your clothes; you're not my type. Calm down and tell me what you remember." She wanted to keep the guy talking. If it wasn't the real Charly, it might slip up. She instructed her suit to do a scan of the Chongwu in every spectrum of light possible. She hoped it might reveal something useful.

Last edited:

Noodles

"I doubt you'll be getting any STIs, Jayden. That would require Viz to actually convince someone to sleep with her first- and if by some miracle she did she could probably just heal it away with her m a g i c." The doctor made mock jazz hands at the mention of MAGIC.

Royama watched Charly- real or not- start undressing after going on about coming clean. It seemed painfully obvious that it was very likely that this Charly was not the 'real' thing. All evidence pointed to the contrary and unless there was going to be some huge plot-twist out of left field Royama felt fairly confident everything was about to be laid bare.
What she couldn't figure out, however, was if things were about to turn violent.

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
???????
Lobby

"I..." Sif's voice trailed off as Jayden started. "...DnD makes me homesick," she admitted. Though her voice and expression was as stoic as it ever was, her ears drooped as thoughts of home overtook her. And long enough for Rikka to snatch the flask up and out of her hand. "Wait!" she began, eyes widening in shock for once. Hand outstretched, the Tigress was helpless to stop the Caelumar down all of the potion in just a few gulps. "Not....not the whole thing," she sighed, slumping her shoulders. Face returning to normalicy, Rikka glowed with energy as she felt the rush of magic fill her depleted body. Life and vigor returned to her, and immediately, she could feel the very power of change itself at her fingertips.

"What's, what's 'lay on hands'?" Charley asked, uncertainty creeping across the Koala's face. "Is it bad?" Turning his gaze at Brigid, he tried answering as Rikka reached out to Viz next, growing more and more nervous. "She, she was mean to me," the naked Koala pointed a finger at Viz. Shivering without his clothing, he went on. "It, it was an accident! I didn't mean to break the-the toy she was painting with red!" The moment he said this, light flowed from the Caelumar and into Viz, her blood seeping back into their wounds before the skin itself melded together. A twitch and moan, the blue haired priestess began to open her eyes and look around.

"Oh, did I fall asleep or so - " Viz froze as she saw the naked Koala. "MONSTER! KILL IT! KILL IT!" she began to scream, jumping up to her feet, then climb onto the table like it was some sort of rodent.

"Help!" Charley recoiled back and tried hiding behind Jayden, his eyes looking up at the other Chongwu pleadingly.

Brigid sighed and lowered her gun. With the new information, it seemed unlikely that either of the two Chongwu were responsible. Now they were back to square one. She wasn't sure why it would break Viz's toy but the story made sense. "Damn it, Viz. All he did was break your toy, we can't kill him for that." She said, glaring at Viz. Turning to the Koala, she said, "Put your clothes back on, man."

"Dante, could you bring the other Chongwu in here?" She said on the team channel. "We need both of them in the same room to figure this out."

Helios

Female Bathroom

While the rest of the squad was dealing with the commotion between Viz and the possibly rouge Chongwu, Dante had been happy to sit on the floor of the bathroom and play Rock Paper Scissors with what he thought was the real Charly.

The infernumar male had been lulled into a false sense of security by the koalas disarming nature, that was until he heard the first call to arms over the comms, his ears pricking up at the mention of weapons. Dante quickly dropped his hand to draw his weapon, leaving charly with his first win of nine games. He took a hold of the small chongwu and stood up, ready to blast the first thing that came through the door.

A Few moments later the next call came over the comms. it was a request aimed directly at him, which gave him pause for concern as he stepped out of the bathroom with Charly tucked in to his chest.

Lobby

Dante arrived with hustle into the lobby and looked around at the chaotic scene before him, his face soured under his helmet as he spotted the other chongwu, his grip tightened on the 'real' Charlys overalls.

"What the Fuck happened here?" He demanded generally, any informing answer would be fine regardless of chain of command.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Jayden, once Viz woke up and started screaming, had a flash of evil cross her features. She looked like she was about to start slamming Viz's head into the table now, but she slowly curled up her fingers, before pressing on with her job. "Alright you little fucker," Jayden growled, picking up the fake charlie by the scruff of his neck, making him look at here. "Here's the deal. You do what we say, I'll stop this lot from killing you. You can sit on my shoulder or whatever, do your thing, but you stay there, and you do what we say," She said, before looking at Brigid. "And you, he's a fucking Koala Bear. They don't normally wear clothes, and his current ones are a mess. Give him a damn break."

Brigid rolled her eyes. "Fine, don't worry about the clothes but at least let him clean himself up." She said, finding a box of tissues and handing it to Jayden. Turning to Dante, she said, "I told him to come clean and he thought I wanted him to strip. After seeing his reaction to having a gun pointed at him, he's either very committed to the act or scared shitless. Literally."

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
???????
Lobby

"No, no, no!" Viz began to pout. "You don't understand!" the priestess stomped her feet, her bust bouncing with each burst of anger. But even with her protests, the way that the others were treating the thing shoved her into an upset silence. Realizing that nobody believed her, she stormed on out, sniffling back tears.

"Oh hey, it's me again!" the dressed Charley spoke up from Dante's chest. "I won once! Rock paper scissors!" He was happy he had won his first round out of nine with rock paper scissors earlier, and Dante suddenly pulling the gun on him then didn't quite register in his smooth brained mind yet. He was still too busy celebrating, and now, clinging to the infernumar like the Koala he was, he was being brought out to the others.

"Oh hey, uh, me," the undressed Charley spoke up from the ground. Though he dumbly looked about in confusion, he soon found himself picked up by the scruff of the neck and looking at Jayden in the eye. He had definitely heard what she had said, but the look of hurt and betrayal on his face said everything. She was siding with them, wasn't she? "B-but. I'm Charley," he weakly replied.

"If this is all an act, it's a relatively good one," Sif pointed out. "Is it possible there's something here we've overlooked?"

Far down the hallway, they could faintly make out the sound of Viz clambering into the vent they initially found the now undressed Koala in. And Jayden could feel him gulp.

Last edited:
Brigid looked at the Charley Jayden was holding suspiciously. She remembered the Charley from the bathroom had almost no reaction to the guns. The one out here seemed much more with it than the one Dante held. "The one you're holding reacts faster. It's also playing for sympathy, trying to make us feel bad." She noted over the team channel, trying to devise a way to force one of the Charleys to reveal itself.

"Hmm. What about a game while we wait for Viz to get back?" Brigid asked Jayden's Charley directly. "Rock paper scissors. Maybe 9 games." She suggested. "Just to pass the time."

Last edited:

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"let's go little guy," Jayden said, still holding the Koala in her hand as she walked to the janitors closet, partially ignoring Brigid. "I was willing to stick my neck out for you, so let's go see what you're gulping about," she added, looking at viz crawling in the vents. "Find anything yet?"

Sageshooter

Her eyes searched the area for Sif and gave her an apologetic frown. "I... I will try to replace that, I apologize." It felt strange though, feeling... Full. She could see it again, the faint lines that swirled about her and her companions, like small eddies of wind all around them, and for a moment she felt... relaxed. She shivered a little though as Viz freaked out and took off, and narrowed her eyes at the way the smaller creature seemed to instantly try to pity party them onto it's side and suddenly her focus honed in on the second Charley.

Blue eyes seemed taken completely with the Charley that clung to Jayden as she followed not but three steps behind. It was difficult here, to focus on her aspect, but she was the manifestation of Justice from her pantheon, and one did not lie to Justice...

She let out a small huff as she focused most everything she had on Charley before she spoke, an undercurrent of mana in her voice as she spoke. "Who are you... Do not lie to me. I will kill you if you do." Already she began to gather magic in her hand, the start of a smite spell as her halo began to glow. She wouldn't tap fully into her juiced pools of mana just yet, but should she feel the need... Well that potion would come in handy.

Brigid stared at Jayden as she was completely ignored. She rolled her eyes. "I'm tired of trying to be a team player while Jayden just runs around doing whatever she feels like. I hope that damn koala turns into a monster and tears her face off." Brigid muttered as she walked away. She turned and stalked off to the men's dorms. Then she started systematically searching the rooms, flinging doors open haphazardly.