• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

SWAT Raid in Antwerp/Intro for Ngao/Bark

Acewing13

GM
Wiki Moderator
Interpol Branch Office, Brussels Arcology, Europe

After a few confused minutes of trying to translate French signs into English, Ngao finally made it to the branch office, the reception room was chaotic, with five different languages bouncing off the walls as various armed and armored officers left one room and walked deeper into the office. One of the last to leave was a shorter blonde woman, her hair tied back into a ponytail and a pistol on her hip. Seeing the Chongwu, she walked over and asked, "Are you Private Agrinya?"

Ngao took his time with dealing with the chaotic nature of this branch office. Apart of it made him excited, as he'd reach this point at being accepted, at least to a degree. On the other hand it was equal parts anxious, as this was something new being affiliated with law enforcement and not in some unofficial way either. He waited with silence taking a look at his surroundings until he was approached. An immediate and still stance came over him, as he brought his hand upwards to his head in a salute. "Ma'am Private Agrinya. I hope to be of us--assistance to the Interpol agency to the best of my ability."

"Glad to have you, I'm Captain Beatrix Simmons," she replied, returning the salute before sighing. "Sorry to rush you, but we're already late getting to a raid and you missed the briefing. You ready for the short version while we get you equipped?"

"Glad to meet you Captain Simmons--wait I missed the briefing? I apologize for the tardiness. I was trying to understand the paperwork on my own and double checking. It took more time than I thought. Anyway I'm ready for the short version, I'd prefer the long version but I missed that." Finally he dropped his stance and prepared to follow alongside Captain Simmons. "Also no need for the apologies on rushing me Captain. I only hope to prove equal to the task in this raid and keeping as many people as I can safe."

"Alright then," she said with a smile, before heading into the back of the office, past a set of cubicals and into an armory. "Pick out your size of body armor and what firearms you want to use, we'll get the rest of your uniform sorted out later."

He gave an affimative nod to her and looked into the armory, which he seemed all too familiar with looking into. An idea was already formed in his mind of what he would need, which he pursued the correct size of body armor he needed. His frame betrayed the stereotype of the animal he was based on. African Spotted Dogs were more lithe and slender while his frame was far more bulky in comparison. Once the body armor was chosen? He looked over at the firearms selection they contained, which he picked out a pistol and a submachine gun. Along with those choices? He would choose a ballistic shield to accompany his loadout. Once he was finished? He would make his way back out to receive the short briefing of the situation.

"Our target is a bunch of drug runners picking up their latest shipment of blank-peace at an old factory in the ruins of Antwerp," she started, looking him over approvingly. "Priorties are first to get out alive, detain the supplier, grab the drugs, then detain the runners, in that order. There's always going to be some kids who don't have a better option to run the drugs, focus on the supplier and his security. We got an undercover agent in with them, so we're hoping a strong showing of force will be all that's needed to wrap things up peacefully, but be ready for a fight regardless."

"Seeing that you took my old loadout," the Captain said, chuckling as she went into the armory herself. "Think I'll go for a submachine gun and some grenades. Oh," she added, holding a headset while putting on her own, "Put this on as well. Will hook you into the drones and other sensors from the team. Donations from CW military, so make sure they're set to English when you put them on."

Ngao listened to her short briefing trying to take in all of the details mentioned and trying to see if there was any suggestions he could make or perhaps any details that might need clarification. It was a habit in his old line of work, but one that may need fixing possibly depending on the situations that may arise. "Apologies taking your old loadout Captain, it's just a loadout that fits more of the work I used to do." He would look over at the headset and point at his head, which his ears were kind of long at least for traditional headsets. Worse they were upright and pointed unlike a good number of canines whose ears drooped down. "...I hate to ask, but were those headsets made to fit my ears? I can fit them, but it might be a little awkward. Unless they fit from the side maybe?"

"Damn it," she said as she shook her head. "Sorry, wasn't thinking. And all the correct headsets were taken by other Chongwu officers. Hold on." With that she went back, going through some boxes before coming up with a pair of earbuds. "We can at least keep you tapped into radio," she said, blowing off dust and pulling out the rubbing alcohol. "You'd think we'd keep extras around, but apparently not. And yeah, don't worry about the loadout bit. My superiors wouldn't be happy if I was the one holding the shield these days anyway. And I still feel naked without a full medbag on my back."

After a quick cleaning, she handed the earbuds to Ngao. "Check to see if these fit," she said. "We'll order a proper headset when we get back."

"No it's fine most of these headsets were made for shorter hair and smaller ears at least in comparison to ones like mine. Also yes I do have a difficult time getting them through the doors depending on the size of the doorframe. A small joke that is fine I hope Captain. Anyway these will work, but they will give me only access to the radio correct? I can work with that, but I do have a question concerning the briefing what do we know about the drug runners? The weapons they carry at times? It's an odd question, but I do know some groups carry and use particular weapons as apart of their...Identity so to speak."

Ngao will receive the earbuds in his hand and look at them with careful precision before slipping them into his ears. It may have seemed strange, but he moved his head a little and wiggled the earbuds in his ears. Until they fit in well. "Now it has a good fit Captain."

"Call me Bee, old callsign," she said, a small smile coming as she stared off, before shaking her head. "Anyway, yeah, the lower rungs might have pistol or a knife to their name, but that's usually it. The supplier will be better armed, potentially with old American weapons and drones. Our source wasn't certain about that," she continued, motioning to the Private to follow her as they headed into the garage, "but it'd fit the pattern we've seen with criminal elements grabbing AU miitary surplus from them getting rid of anything that'd been manufactured by the MA. Not everything was melted down, sadly."

"...Do I go with Captain Bee or just Bee?" He couldn't help but chuckling at that as he followed the Captain to the garage, all the while listening to the answers to his question. Old American weapons he'd be lying to anyone if he mentioned he had never dealt with them before, but drones? That could have potential to be dangerous. "These drones are they armed or are they drones with camera assets primarily for scouting and reconnaissance? Also before we leave the armory are we to go in with just purely lethal force or are we allowed possibly non-lethal means?"

"Just Bee," she replied with a snort, before patting the grenades on her vest. "I've got rubber ball grenades, some of the other people have tasers, we have that part covered. But the drones are the biggest variable. We have verified some smaller quadcopter drones, which are more for recon than anything. Though the AU Senate might think otherwise. But we have unverified reports of 'Cupcake' drones being utilized, so we need to be ready to take more of a lethal response if necessary."

"Good I'm glad to hear we have non-lethal options, but it's starting to worry me that they have 'Cupcake' drones for use. Do we have countermeasures against them? Strong EMP measures perhaps? Though that could affect those with cybernetics and mess with our communications...If not? We'll have to be careful I imagine and prepare our lethal response, responsibly, strange to use both of those words at the same time. Also strange question to ask right now, but do I have a callsign? If so was it chosen or do I get to choose?"

"Either you do well enough to pick your own callsign or you do something silly and memorable enough to make that your callsign," Bee said, waving Ngao into the back of a van, with a couple of other agents. "One sec," she said, before tapping her headset as she closed the door. "Alright, got the new guy, let's get this show on the road."

"Roger that, Captain," said another voice, before the van started forward.

Ngao will have nodded in affirmation at her answer of the callsign, which got him to thinking. He will have shaken his head however, as that type of thinking didn't apply to Interpol. If he was noticed? He was noticed and if not? Long as his job was done and it was done well with hopefully little to any teammate injuries. Soon he sat down in the back of van taking a small glance at the others in the van and double checking the earbuds, with a few taps here and there on his ears. "Ready and able Captain."

"Anyway," Bee said, sitting across from the Private as the convoy pulled out of the garage, "We don't have specific anti-robot weapons, but our small arms should be able to take care of anything short of a 'Cupcake'. And if we run into that," she continued, pulling out a drawer below the bench and revealing a grenade launcher with small rocket grenades, "We have some heavier stuff in here."

Acewing13

GM
Wiki Moderator
Ngao will have observed the grenade launcher, which he would give a nod. "Before we reach there one more question is there a plan for our approach to this old factory of theirs or are we just busting in on the first door we see?"

"We have an inside man and they'll signal us when we have the supplier in a vulnerable posiion," she said, pulling out a datapad and bringing up an aerial view of the target. "Half of the team is going to park nearby and carefully move in under cover, in case they have drones set up that we don't see. The vans will come up for cover and have the heavy weapons nearby once we breach."

Ngao listened at the plan and tapped his chin a few times before giving a nod at understanding the plan. "A sound plan from the looks of it Captain, but it leaves me wondering a bit at my part in this plan. I'll assist with covering the team during the breach. Hopefully at the front in case the violence starts with your permission Captain."

"The front is where the shieldbearers go," Bee said with a smile. "Think you're a little too tall for me to aim over your shoulder, but I and the rest of the team will l be behind you every step of the way."

"There are two plans around that Bee. Plan A could be just placing you on my shoulders and they become stunned by your beauty as well as those natural guns you have. Plan B? That smile just might give them cause to quit or at least slow them down...Apologies ma'am, but your smile is infectious. I'll be at the front let me know when to lower so you can take aim and fire. I'll call out their positions as best as I can or the rest of crew can call out their positions from side glances and let me know to lower for a moment." Ngao couldn't help but give a smile of his own, but soon he stopped as after all a Chongwu's smile can seem predatory if not paying attention. Can't help with how his face was made unfortunately.

"As much fun as it would be to try a charm offensive, think we'll keep to plan C. If you want to see my guns afterwards, just ask," she said, giving him a wink. "Otherwise, sounds good. I'll need to keep an eye on the rest of the team as well, so clear communication is going to be key."

"Understood Captain or rather Bee I suppose. Since we're at the mission and I'm going to assume we stick to the callsigns until it is finished? I'll do my best not to be a burden, Bee, and become useful to the team. Chain of command can place someone on a team, but it doesn't mean they're apart of it and I plan to earn that if possible. Maybe even a callsign...Any speeches for the team Captain?"

"Rank, last name, or callsign works. Guess a pep talk wouldn't be out of the question," she said, before keying her radio. "Team, this is Captain Simmons. I'll keep this brief, since we're all professionals. Key objectives are to bag the supplier so we can get their superiors and make sure everyone comes home safe. Watch each other's back and we'll get both of those done. If anything comes up and I need to know, bring it to my attention. Good luck and good hunting."

"If I may add something extra? I'll go for a temporary code name of sorts. I suppose an old joke amongst a few coworkers and friends with a 'tough' undertone to it. I'll go under code name Bark. Yes canine's bark, but trees are hard to crack last I checked and tree has bark on it."

"Guess we'll see if you're all Bark and no bite then," Bee said with a grin.

----------------------

Antwerp Ruins

"Alright," Bee said into her radio, looking at her datapad as she sat on the floor of the parked van, her boots barely touching the cracked asphalt. "We got a response to our code, looks like the meeting is about to get started. Time to get into position."

Ngao or as he would hopefully be referred to this mission as Bark, will begin to prepare his loadout for deployment reaching for the shield and giving a final swipe with his hand at any potential dust that may have been on the visor part of it. All the while making sure to prepare his pistol as well. Desperate times might call for him to one hand the SMG with the shield, but at the start? Accuracy would be key, as he could slow down any potential aggressors and maybe make the first move. "Ready and able, Bee."

"Sounds good, Bark. I'll go first until we get to the door, since you don't have a headset," she said, hopping out of the van and checking her submachine gun, with the other team members following suit. "Let's go," she added, before checking her surroundings for drones, then dashing for the other side of the road.

After a few minutes of dashing, checking for cameras, and more dashing, the group reached their breach point, an unassuming metal door set into one of the few stable walls in the floodzone that was downtown Antwerp. After a breaching charge was set, the team stacked on the door, the explosives expert and sharpshooter on one side, Bark and Bee on the other.

"We're in first, so keep an eye out for hostiles," Bee said, putting a hand on Bark's back. "I'll watch your right side."

Bark followed Bee and the group closely as they were dashing and checking for cameras until the breach point was reached. His hand clenched onto the handle of the ballistic shield for a brief moment before relaxing. "Roger that Bee, I'll check straight ahead and left side."

"Breach, go, go, go," Bee said, after another code was sent, which was immediately followed by the breach charge going off.

He now held onto his pistol in his other hand and once the smell intensified of the smoke and fire? His body tensed up along with his fur as he was ready when the small explosion ensued and cleared a path in.

He practically seemed to have bolted in with his ballistic shield up covering him and those behind him, on purpose leaving a partial amount of room behind him. Enough for his team to make their way out, but also enough for them to be covered by him. He looked around through his visor and for a few moments on the left side as well. However his hearing also seemed to be focused, as his ears stood straight up taking in all of the sounds including that of his team. His pistol up and at the ready if he saw or heard any unfamiliar footsteps.

No footsteps were heard, but the whirring of quadcopters was heard a few moments before one popped out of a door on the right, but it was quickly shot down by Bee. "We're going in that door, actually," she said, her focus switching from her surroundings to her headset following the progress of the other teams. "Another team made contact with the meeting room, the supplier's already on the run. We're cutting them off."

Bark gave a nod of affirmation and began making his way over to that door with as much haste as possible. Which it seemed the ballistic shield wasn't slowing him down going forward, but he was being cautious for a brief moment or two and checking corners for any people or drones. "I'm moving forward Bee we'll have to speed up to catch up to them. How far out are they and the culprit?"

Bark made his way over to the door and entered keeping his guard up in checking straight ahead and on his left, which he made certain that he his team was keeping up with him. The sounds of their footsteps were already becoming distinct to him and using that to determine if his speed needed to increase or possibly decrease. This time however he was keeping his ears open for the whirring sounds of any drones and the footsteps, ready to immediately draw his pistol and open fire on any drones. However for people? There would be a split delay in his decision making primarily because he'd forgotten to ask who the informant was and their description.

Realizing her unspoken blunder as she follwed the Private dow a hallway, Bee said, "Our inside man has already been extracted by another team. The supplier should be the only human coming our way. Though by the speed they moved to get out of our team crashing the meeting, I think they're a cyborg as well." As they got to an intersection, she added, "Take this right and then set up a position for us to fire over you. We're cutting them off from their escape route and they'll be here any minute now."

Bark didn't hesitate and gave a nod, as he made way with haste towards the right and angled himself in an almost perfect position. He was lowered enough to give them a clear firing lane, but up enough to cover decent portions of their bodies. Also if there were any tables or any other obstacles? On purpose he would have set himself in the middle of them as of to leave potential cover for them in case things get hectic.

"Team be careful, if that cyborg has speed? They most likely have leg enhancements of some kind, if we're lucky? It's muscular and most of the leg is flesh and blood, but if not? It's possible he may have weapons attached to them or has enough speed to give us trouble." His pistol was prepared in his hand and ready to give covering fire or possibly disabling the supplier somehow.

Acewing13

GM
Wiki Moderator
"Annoyingly we don't know," Bee said, pulling a table from a nearby room and setting it on its side. "Could have a wide range of augments and alterations. I'm not even sure they're from the MA, since they could again just be grabbing stuff from the black market." Setting the barrel of her SMG on the lip of the table, she frowned as she checked on the other teams. "We lost sight of them, but they were definetly headed this way. Just be ready to down any drones accompanying them. Another team's following them with less-than-lethal options, so we just need to hold them here."

"Establish a holding position on them then? We could have the sharpshooter at the ready, can maybe damage one of the cybernetics and hence slow them down...I don't think there any metal banana peels to slow them down is it?" Bark chuckled only for a few seconds while still keeping his eyes and more importantly his ears open for any metallic footsteps or perhaps any loud gears heading their way. "A part of me almost hopes to be a roadblock literally for them. Almost."

"Worst case we might have to just pile on top of him, but it'll be better than wasting this opportunity to grab them," she replied, popping her knuckles before putting her focus on the bend of the hallway. "Wait, do you guys hear another drone?"

Bark listened carefully upon hearing the drone, but it didn't have the whirring sound of the ones that fly. It took a mere few seconds upon him hearing wheels, almost as if a vehicle were coming down--no it was a drone. Worse it wasn't flying so it had to be the one they were afraid of. "Bee, either they have wheels for legs or it's the cupcake, maybe even somehow attached themselves to it, but we gotta move and acquire those heavy weapons fast! I'll cover you, maybe distract it somehow." Not taking any chances the pistol was holstered and it's place was now the SMG.

The explosives expert swore, handed his bag to Bee, and then sprinted back the way they'd come. "Here's hoping it was demilitarized before it got in the criminal's hands," she said, rummaging around in the bag before pulling a brick of C4 out. "Think they had machine guns on them in the military."

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I have an idea, but it might only slow it down and maybe give us a weak spot to target it." For a brief moment Bark put a hand on one of his ears, which the uncovered one almost looked like an Ear Antenna twitching upwards and to the side. He was focusing on the sound of it's wheels and gears trying to gauge where one of it's wheels might be. "If I'm listening right? One of it's legs might be along that wall if it is charging at us. We can place that plastic explosive there and hopefully it hits one of those wheels and either blows them out or makes them spin funny. Best case scenario it weakens one of it's legs from the impact and we can take it down with the heavy armament or perhaps with weapons fire."

"We'll need to hurry if we're going to do it before they turn the corner," she said, sticking a detonator in the C4 and handing Bark the remote. "Arm it once I put it in place. Blow it when it's just about to pass, since there's a very slight delay." And with that she vaulted over the table and ran towards the corner.

After taking a moment to stick the brick down at ankle level, she peaked around the corner before ducking back, bullets flying through where her head used to be. "Fuck, they're close," she said before running back towards the barricade. "Once you see it, blow it," she ordered, just in time for the Cupcake drone to turn the corner, one set of legs riding along the outside wall.

Bark didn't hesitate for even a moment with arming the C4 making sure to hold the remote in his hand. Steady grip with no shaking at all. Beforehand he placed himself behind some cover of the table. On purpose wanting to keep his distance in the middle of it all for a better view of the situation. Once he heard the bullets fly in? He steadied his hand and placed his finger on the trigger of the remote. Once he had seen it? He pressed the switch in the hopes of the delay wasn't too long. "Get ready! It's inbou-"

The words barely started to leave his mouth before they were interrupted by the crack-boom of the plastic explosives, sending both the drone and Bee to the floor from the force of the explosion.

The Captain was the first to stir, groaning as she rolled until her back was to the wall, putting a hand to to her forehead to stanch a wound. "Knew I should have brought med supplies," she said, before she looked back at their handiwork. "Shoot its cameras," she said, pulling out her pistol and firing inaccurately at the damaged drone which also struggled to get up.

Bark was blown back to the wall for a brief moment, which he let himself slump down onto the ground. His eye would twitch open, as he regained his senses in time to hear and register the order given. He picked up the shield and took aim with his SMG at the cameras. He went full auto on the camera trying to aim as steady as he could, but wasn't leaving it to chance hence firing as many bullets as he could into the cameras. "I'm o-on it!" All the while firing at the camera he would begin to move closer to Bee just in case to guard her against it's gun.

The camera shattered under Bark's fire and a couple of Bee's shots hit the yellow disk above the gun, causing the robot to pause in its struggles before just folding up its legs and emitting a low beep.

"Huh, guess that was it's radar then?" the Captain asked, before grunting as she reapplied pressure to her wound. "Check around the corner for the supplier. I'm fine, for now at least."

Bark turned to Bee and gave a nod of affirmation. "If you're certain Bee, but make sure to update me on the situation if your status of health changes or if backup arrives." He took a brief moment to sling the SMG back onto his body and once more pull out his pistol from it's holster. "I'm going in Bee with the intention of disarming him or slowing him down!" A part of him wanted to stay behind in case of anymore hostiles or perhaps drones, but another part of him knew there was no other option besides going after him or else this mission would be a failure. Worse a failure to a new team he was assigned to and the captain of this team.

He made his way passed the door throwing caution to the wind with his shield out in front, but first checking the sides specifically around the corner in the hopes of seeing the supplier with his pistol aimed around to the side of the corner. His ears were twitching in both directions and on alert for any particular sounds of footsteps that weren't part of his team and that may have been mechanical.

The first sound he heard was the quiet whirring of a security camera, pointing at him and changing its aperature. Second was the sprinting footsteps coming from the far hallway leading out of the room he was in. And third was the ping of a pulled pin, soon followed by the clatter of a grenade rolling towards him from the other doorway.

Bark remembered the distinct sounds of cameras, especially security cameras. He maintained his focus towards other sounds, the sprinting footsteps however he waited a brief moment. If anyone were watching it would have seemed like an almost 'zen' moment of him focusing his attention on all sounds.

Once the ping of a pin was heard? A controlled breath of air was exasperated him from, as he turned in the direction of the grenade before it began rolling his way and in an instantanenous reaction almost out of reflex he reached for the grenade before it had time for the explosion and threw it almost like a baseball pitcher trying to give a strike right out of a window and hopefully away from allies and enemies. A mere instant after that? He placed his shield on the right side of him practically leaving him exposed from the front and back, but it allowed him an opportunity to continue the chase towards those footsteps. There was no caution, but his ears taking in all sounds and recognizing those footsteps and being on alert for anything of note that could get in his way or possibly assist him such as backup. The pistol was up and at the ready.

A moment after passing the window sill, the grenade exploded in a flash, which was thankfully mostly blocked from Bark's sight by his shield and it's small filtered window. That was followed by a figure popping out into the open, but before the SWAT officer could see any details, what looked like a miniature sun popped just over the figure's shoulder, blinding him.

"Catch, keuf," a computerized voice said, before a shadow briefly passed in front of the imitation sun, heading towards Bark's head.

Bark was blinded and was stuck for a brief moment with a dilemma. Many thoughts racing through his mind, but however old training came into play to defy his instincts. Always to defend his ground and hold for allies to slowly make their way up inch by inch. However those were his instincts and he was taught a long time ago offense can be the best defense. A ballistic shield however allowed an opportunity, an olive branch so to speak of offense and defense, which now was an opportunity to take advantage.

Acewing13

GM
Wiki Moderator
He holsted his pistol on purpose. His shield was swung in front of him, as he did a full on sprint forward toward the computerized voice. His interpretation was this voice sounded like a person, but digitized. Maybe fully augmented? Perhaps an augmentation for lack of a throat from a chain smoker? Hard to tell, but there was only one way to find out. His ears were on full alert for the sound of the shadow and the sounds in front of him, as he made a mad dash for this assailant. It could have been a grenade or even perhaps a drone who could turn and snap at his back. No pain, no gain as the ancient line of Earth goes. "The only one whose being caught is you!" Both hands were on his shield in case of impact from this person.

When Bark hit the thrown object, it shattered and a cloud of mace blew over him, sending his pain receptors into overdrive. Thus disabled, he ran through where he'd thought the figure was, and instead knocked against the flashlight that'd been blinding him, sending it off into the hallway as he collided with the wall.

As the Chongwu dealt with being maced, he could hear a scuffle going on behind him, as his teammates had finally caught up to him and engaged the supplier. Unfortunately, hand to hand combat wasn't in the sharpshooter's expertise, so they went down fairly quickly and that left Bee.

"You're not getting away, terrorist," she said, dodging a jab while making sure to stay in the doorway.

"Shut up, fascist," the supplier said, bringing up their leg in a kick that hit the Captain in her stomach. The criminal grunted in surprise as Bee held onto the leg and brought both of them to the floor,

"Any time now, Private," she said, grunting as she wrestled with the supplier on the concrete floor.

The pain was almost overbearing at least for him to rely on his hearing for a brief moment. He made a bad call perhaps defense would have been the best bet. More so as he couldn't quite make out what he crashed into and fell over after ramming into the wall. Once he hit the floor for a brief moment? It was almost a sobering moment as he fought through the pain from realizing he was on the floor. Once he heard Bee speak? It wasn't a debate for his body move, but a matter of when which was fast.

A breathe of calm exasperated from him, as he scrambled up and focused his attention through the pain into his hearing between the two. It was easy to tell who was who, as he knew the sounds of the Captain. He unholsted his pistol, which even though his eyes were closed? It was easy to see his aim was at the supplier, specifically aimed at his leg. "Stand down or I will be forced to shoot! Hopefully to disable you, but it will be painful! You have a right to a fair trial and attorney?" His other hand? He pulled out hand cuffs he hoped could hold this supplier, but he hadn't had any look at him at all.

"Why was that said like a question?" the supplier asked as they failed to get Bee in a chokehold. "Besides, if you wanted to, you would have shot me already. You're more likely to hit your superior officer anyway."

"Bark, just join the dogpile," the Captain said, keeping her legs locked around the criminal's and fighting off the chokehold. "We just need to wait for reinforcements to come in a bit."

"Isn't that kind of racist?" the supplier asked, wrenching Bee's arm in an attempt to break it.

"That's what it's called," the Captain said with a grunt, before punching the criminal's face with her free hand.

Bark would give a sigh of annoyance, as he was tempted to prove how false the suppliers statement was. However he was apart of a team and a private at that, which orders were orders. He would move over into the dog pile with his eyes closed, as he placed his arms around the supplier's neck in a chokehold.

"I still owe you for this sting you put in my eyes, it'll be easier with the handcuffs instead of enduring this but your choice." He tightened his arms around his neck in the chokehold in the hopes of putting pressure on him to make him consider giving up. "Also I don't think dog pile is the right term for this Bee, Takedown Pile?"

"Well, now it's more orderly now, so maybe," she replied, wiping blood away from her eye as she pulled out her own restraints.

"I call it police brutality, but that's just me," the supplier said, throwing her elbows back into Bark's gut.

"Sure, not like you tried to send a drone to just kill us," Bee replied, slapping the restraints down on the criminal's ankles, locking them together.

"Fuck off, kuef," the supplier said, trying to pull Bark's arm away from their neck, the struggle making the mask slip a little.

Bark on instinct didn't seem to flinch from the elbows in his gut and tightened his hold on their neck even more. "We didn't use drones and I didn't fire my gun, even gave an opportunity for you to stand down. People these days always confusing kindness for brutality, next you'll say someone bringing you gifts is assault."

"By the way mind explaining what kuef is? I don't think it's shorthand for coffee?"

"It's French slang for cop," Bee said, leaning forward and taking advantage of the criminal's grip to handcuff them to the junior police officer. "Which narrows down their identity some, but since we're here," she continued, pulling off the mask entirely, revealing a pink haired woman.

"Alright," the Captain said, tapping her headset once her face was clear. "Daphné Gage, huh? Long list of crimes, mostly computer system stuff. Interesting that you went into drug smuggling."

"Je veux un avocat," the criminal muttered, stopping her struggling just in time for the explosives expert to show up, grenade launcher in hand.

"We'll get you a lawyer," Bee agreed, wiping blood away from her face again as she stood up. "Now I can finally look for my bandages."

Bark felt her struggle cease and loosened his grip on the chokehold. "I'm not certain exactly what words were exchanged, but I'm going to safely assume you yield ma'am?" He released her chokehold, but made certain the handcuffs were on tight. "...I'd be lying if I said I expected to be in handcuffs today."

"Inclute swine," Daphné said, before saying, "Yes, you dumb American. I said I want a lawyer. Did you think everyone would be speaking your bastarized language when you joined the fascists?"

Bark raised an eyebrow at Daphne concerning the statement. "Well better to speak a language than trying to communicate non-verbally through odd or maybe baby like sounds. Although it is better to be seen as American instead of some angry animal last I checked anyway. Although I am curious why do you say they're facists?"

"Because they willfully oppress people who don't want to live in a totalitarian state," Daphné said, looking annoyed at Bark's naivety.

"Says the lady who was trying to sell hard drugs," Bee said, smoothing over a bandage.

"Th- no, no," the criminal said, shaking her head. "No more talking until lawyer shows up."

"Some totalitarian state if it lets you have a lawyer," the Captain said, shaking her head as she leaned downa and loosened the foot restraints a little. "Come on, let's go."

Bark will give a sigh at some of her statements. "Well Daphne I was attempting to be nice, small attempt at trying to see things in your way. It depends on the person, circumstances and a bunch of other factors, but I was hoping to be a little empathetic towards you. Last I checked no one can come up and essentially own your life not without trying in some of form of way to control you...I can't say I had that opportunity starting out."

"I mean, the Daqin Empire is the worst, but I really can't understand why you'd sign up for organizations that have their roots in slave catching," the criminal said.

He will start moving and in turn move Daphne with him. "Im right behind you Bee." For once this entire time he will tap into one of his ears in attempt to hear some kind of status report from the earbuds from the others on the team. "Bee if you don't mind, what is the status of the team? I hope there were no serious injuries or fatalies."

"Everyone else is fine," the Captain said, adjusting her hair as she looked around in her HUD. "Some bruises, some sprained ankles, the usual for any big operation. Mostly just need to get us checked out, make sure there's no serious damage from that drone." Turning, she stopped until Bark caught up and started guiding him with a light hand. "Or getting your eyesight back so you don't almost run into a wall."

Bark chuckled a little with a shrug. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't used to this, there is a reason why I'm able to walk around alright without bumping into too many things...Also Daphne will trip with me probably. Not all bad." It could be seen his ears were twitching into double time taking in all sounds so some things and people could be avoided. "Although I don't mind the light touch every now and then to guide me."

Acewing13

GM
Wiki Moderator
He turned over to Daphne. "I signed up for this organization to make a difference if at all possible. One of if not my true first big choice in my life. Also did you take into consideration the damage those drugs did to those you sold to? Many tyrants step over their people and justify their hurtful means...I've seen people do far dangerous things with drugs, Daphne, and if some of those same people acquired those drugs? You've got much to think about."

Daphné just mumbled, only a few words, 'revolution' and 'expensive', being recognizable.

"Low blow, Bark, she can't talk about her methods cause if she did we could bring up her own words in court," Bee said with a smirk.

"Just get me off the blind beefcake's arm already," the supplier said, frustrated at the speed they were going at.

"Ehh, maybe we'll just walk even slower, see what else comes out of your mouth," the Captain said, smirk widening.

Once Daphné was handed off to the paddy wagon, both of the agents were taken to the ambulance, with one medic flushing Bark's eyes with water and another checking Bee for other head trauma.

"Well, could have been better, could have been worse," the blonde said, blinking after looking into a flashlight for her medic. "Glad you came, Bark. Would have been sticky otherwise."

Bark blinked his eyes as some of his vision was starting to return. Some parts a watery mess, as he turned to look at Bee as his medic went off for more water. "For clarification we're in reality and not in one of those old waterpaintings right?" He chuckled, as he continued on, "I'm glad to have been apart of the team. Although I'm sure someone else might have gotten the last part right, should have defended my ground and then ran after her. Not try to full on dash after her."

"Lessons learned, you did just get maced and flashbanged, so disorientation didn't help," she said, patting his arm in sympathy. "Personally, I need to get more running in, cause I was really too close to that explosion for comfort. You did your part of the plan perfectly, but I was a little slow implementing it."

"Weird as it sounds? It was nice to see I...How does that one line go? Still got it? I should have explained my hearing was focused to be fine tuned." He moved his hand for a brief moment onto hers on his arm. "No need to blame yourself if you might be Bee, no pun intended, there were things I could have done better. I should have taken position in front of you with the ballistic shield before that explosion. A part of me still thinks more in offense and not as much defense as I should."

"Ehh, we can go over it more in the after action report," she said, smiling as she lightly squeezed his arm before pulling back and hopping off the ambulance. "Anyway, I'm gonna get everyone else ready to go. Stay here until the medics say they're done, Don't want to leave mace in your fur if you can."

"...I'm scared to even think of what mace left in my fur would do. Probably leave me itching all night. Understood Bee, I'll remain here till they're done." He gave a nod with a small smile, as he now focused on his recovery from the mace.