• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

[The Gentle Breeze) Chapter ??? - Xokagi meets an Angel (Noncannon...or is it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
She huffed a bit as she looked around, hand against the wind worn stone she used to steady herself and kept a good foothold on the rock below her. Moving in the caverns was a bit more difficult than she would have liked in her armor, the usually shining metal scuffed in various places that had been just barely big enough for her to squeeze through. It wasn’t without it’s dangers, her armor scratched across the chest and midsection where she had to force her way through the rocks that stuck out, but she had made it through under her own power.

Rikka looked around the halls before her for any sign of her squad. She had been separated a few hours beforehand in a collapse of the tunnels, and the floor giving out below her. What she wouldn’t give just than to hear the boisterous voice of the annoying priestess, or to see the giant Tigress come bounding up like a dog and give some quip about how funny it was that an angel could get lost, even though it probably wouldn’t be funny like many of her jokes. Instead she growled and continued forward down the tunnel toward what she could see looked like an opening.

“So much for not being alone on Valentines, they said you were supposed to be together with someone on this day...” She muttered as she entered through the opening, looking around. It looked like a grand hall, the walls certainly not made of stone. There was a sharp line where the metal met the rock of the caves she had just entered. It looked as though it was once habited. Alien skeletons laid out with care on the floor, a clear path leading forward to the otherside of the room where there was a dias. On the dias, was a simple bottle of what looked like dark blue glass, with black veins coursing through it.

The place, however, felt like a tomb.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
She gave another huff as she looked around, a small chill up her spine as she spotted the dead aliens. She gave the corpses wide berth in order to not disturb them, more worried about another cave in from releasing her power rather than simply worrying over a fight itself. Instead she headed toward the dias in an effort to see just what was there before her. She made no intention of hiding herself. Her heavy boot let metal clash against stone at first, then the metal against metal as she approached the dias with the intent of finding out just what was in the bottle.

As she gained ground on the vial though, things started to get weird again as she started to grow cold. She could almost feel the chill grow across her armor as she walked closer, eyes set on the bottle yet her senses tuned in to the area around her. Everything felt off and strange yet she still reached out to grip the vial, armored fingers wrapping around the container. As she did, Rikka felt a strong sense of dread clench her chest. A wave of existential doom flooding her mind as that part of her panicked. The part that could keep a person up all night with the fear of one day dying.

The bottle refused to move. Like it was bolted to the table and Rikka also couldn’t pull her hand away from it. The bottle started to glow, and there was a faint crackle as the room grew even darker. Then, just as the the light was about to fade, and the room was filled with a deep blue light. Torches that were previously hidden by shadows ignited, casting the blue light, and unsettlingly void shadows through the room.

“Hello… Rikka…” A feminine voice whispered, the voice disjointed, coming from nowhere in particular. Like it was being whispered in her ear. Rikka could let go of the bottle now, and turning to look behind her, one of the many Skeletons stood up, form wrapped in black cloth, a blue fire emanating from behind her eyes.

Rikka struggled against the vial as her hand seemed locked to it. Eyes wide, she hadn’t felt fear like this since she had fought the prime evils on their plane of existence, in their seat of power, and it chilled her to the bone. She found against the feeling with everything she had, yet even as her hand released from the vial she could still feel her body shiver in fear. The voice though, snapped things back in place and in an almost automatic movement she spun, shield and sword from her back and quickly in place.

The practiced movement helped to anchor her in place, anchor her mind in the moment to give her resolve a kick. Already she threaded magic into her sword, holy magic to combat the skeleton before her. She was not ready to take a risk and feel this enemy out with probing attacks.

If it moved, it would be destroyed.

“How do you know my name?” Her voice rang out in the cavern, ice blue eyes locked on the standing skeleton.

“Why would I not?” The voice asked as the Skeleton started walking, almost as if trying to get used to once again being mobile after years of being… Dead.

Rikka lashed out, quick as a whip and struck with her sword. The moment metal met bone, a sudden flash of divine holy light crashed through the surrounding darkened room and lit it with a brilliant light.

The light faded, and the blue firelight continued to dominate, the skeleton on the ground destroyed. However, another Skeleton lit up in a similar fashion and got up. “Please don’t hurt me… I would like to speak with a form,” The voice said, almost sounding disappointed. “Though if you insist… You will tire, long before you do more than irritate me…”

“Then you know less about me than I thought.” Rikka’s sword swung out again to crush through the second skeleton with another flash of brilliant light. “I am a bringer of judgement to the dead and those that would desecrate them, to all those who would spit in the face of order.”

Already Rikka had spun to face the other skeletons, ready to fight. Her six wings, once a ethereal smoke, were in their full white brilliance as her halo had changed as well to a jagged metallic from the white ring.

“Strange…” The voice whispered, looking it’s new body over. “Mortals… Always thinking they know what is what,” The voice sighed, the Skeleton’s shoulders slumping as it did, before it’s face turned to look directly at Rikka. “Do you know where you are?”

“I am no mortal, I am the Aspect of Justice.” Rikka leveled her sword on the next skeleton, eyes narrowed slightly. “And I assume some sort of…” She let her eyes roam the room for a moment before they snapped back to the undead. “Tomb of sorts.”

“You are mortal in my eyes,” The voice whispered, it’s hushed tones starting to focus on the Skeleton. “And you are in a Temple, child. One that has been long forgotten,” It added, starting to delicately step out from among the bodies. Through the black cloth, there was a faint blue glow, but as she stepped through a shadow, she was gone. No light, nothing. Then she appeared from another shadow, much closer than should have been possible. “What brings you here?”

Rikka took a quick hop back to gain some distance with the help of a quick push of her wings. Her sword swung out in the same instance as if a knee jerk reaction to push an enemy back and away, though it seemed as she, did a solid half of her sword went flying across the room. Eyes a little wide, Rikka tossed her sword aside and this time pulled out her spear. “And just who do you claim to be? Some forgotten spirit prayed to by heathens?”

“I am the first being ever created,” The voice whispered, walking up to the dias, picking up her bottle as simply as anyone would normally, holding it close to her chest. “And I will be the last one, cursed to spend eternity in emptiness once the last mortal and god dies. Could you tell me a story?” She asked, the switch casual as her blue, empty eye sockets stared at Rikka.

Rikka stayed coiled up, ready to strike, but the blue eyes seemed to soften a little. It seemed this being was simply lonely, whoever she decided to puff herself up as. “Wh-What sort… What sort of stories?” She asked

“Any story…” The Skeleton asked, sitting down and leaning against the dias, still holding the bottle. “It has been so long since I have heard the story of one who lives, without the pain of death holding back their passion…” She continued, curling up, getting cosy for whatever story Rikka might tell her.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
“... Very well.” Rikka was slow in lowering her weapon and shield, eyes still on the skeleton. She seemed to search the area around her as she tried to rack her brain for a story, anything from her life, though most of it had been spent either in heaven or on the battlefield. Only recently had the angelic woman started to truly live.

“I suppose… I can tell you about my first trek into the mortal world, without my vanguard with me.” Shield on the floor to her left, and spear to the right, Rikka sat back on her legs, relaxed yet still ready to react.

“I came to the mortal worlds with the task of finding and connecting with other Pantheons. My first visit was to a strange planet where...te-technology mixed with a simpler time, like what I am used to. They were in the midst of a celebration, some sort of festival.” She let out a sigh as she recalled the day, and a smile broke across her face, hidden. “They had so many things I hadn’t seen or tasted before. Foods in my heavens are simple fruits and grains, mostly gifts given to us by my Gods.”

“The joy of life,” THe Skeleton sighed longingly, as if she were a teen, speaking of a boy she was smitten by. “What I would give to experience it…”

“It is different to what I am used to. They had the legs of avian creatures they had cooked. The skin was crispy and delicious, the meat underneath was so juicy… I had never eaten meat before but it was delicious. And all sorts of treats, candies and fruits covered in some sweet sauce that had hardened.” Rikka let out another sigh as her eyes seemed to take on a distant look.

The being was silent as she stared. Rikka could almost feel how enthralled Xokagi was in her experiences and how the very air crackled with a matched excitement. “Go on…”

But even as this went on, they fought and squabbled over something stupid. I still do not know the reason, but at a jousting event some man attacked a woman, beat her within an inch of her life and threw her into the ring. He then went on some tirade about how people are just like this… I frankly forget. I stepped into the ring and with the prompting of a woman to the man to fight me if he thought he was in the right, attempted to fight him. But the coward ran after inciting a mob.” Rikka let out another sigh, this time saddened from her memories of the chaos that had been the tourney.

“Thankfully we got the girl that was injured out and treated. It was still difficult though, and rather annoying.”

The Skeleton waited patiently for the story to finish, before standing up. It took her a moment, and she was shaky, but that was to be expected given she had no muscles. “It seems you have many stories to tell. Many more to make as well,” Her voice whispered. “To answer your question more formally, I am Xokagi. Goddess of Death, and the one you will in the end tell your story too,” She explained, stepping off the dias platform and looking at the various skeletons. “Though, I heard you muttering about Valentines day, and being alone on it. Perhaps I can help you write a new story?” The skeleton offered, looking at Rikka.

“What do you mean… Wait you’re a Goddess?” Rikka’s eyes went from narrowed to suddenly wide as she shifted and knelt on one knee, head lowered in reverence. “I apologize for my rudeness ma’am… I did not know. I have recently fought against necromancers…” She felt worried all of the sudden, worried that she might have angered the Goddess, which in turn would look poorly on her pantheon.

Xokagi stopped, turning her skeletal head to stare at Rikka for a long moment. “Why do you bow?” Her voice finally whispered in Rikka’s ear. Her head tilted to the side, examining Rikka. “I am old, Rikka… Any slight you may think you have committed, is so slight that I am not even aware. Do you speak of striking down my first Skeleton? That was a minor, but understandable inconvenience. People tend to get uncomfortable when dead bodies have souls again, and start walking. Including myself in some situations.”

The whispering in her ear was beginning to get to her, a small shiver running down her spine that barely registered but for a small rattle of her armor. "You are a Goddess, you will and whims are mine to serve, and disrespect laid upon you by me is punishable how you see fit…" Thankfully the blush on her face was hidden by the shadow produced by her hood, covering her face in it's magic to keep her from the eyes of others.

“Ah, that line of thought,” Xokagi sighed, walking back over to Rikka and kneeling down in front of her, She lifted a boney hand, making Rikka look at her. “I am a goddess, yes. I have no wills or whims to be served. I will tell you if I do. My only request now, if that you live a life full of story, so that I may enjoy them when you finally meet me for the last time, and tell me them all.”

“I can do that. I will make sure to live and see everything I can. So if I am ever called to your realm, I will tell you all my stories.” Again hidden, and sad that it was, Rikka smiled. Though for a moment she thought about it and considered just why it was hidden then. Surely there was none of her squad around, no one save for a Goddess and surely she was above such worldly things as beauty? Besides, Kikyo had said she was beautiful at one point, maybe it was just those of her heavens that thought differently…

The angel’s gauntleted hands came up and gripped the sides of her hood and pulled it back. Slowly, like fire burning across a page, her head and face came into view. Fiery red hair done into a braid that that seemed to start from the middle of her forehead and bled back into a thicker one that ran below her armor, blue eyes were framed in a pale skinned face with freckles that even in the low light seemed to reflect a golden color. She was gorgeous by any standard, her skin untouched by scar or cut or blemish, her cheeks turning a rosy red at the sudden reveal.

“I am Rikka, Rikka Araqiel. It is a pleasure to meet you my Goddess. I swear on my position as the Aspect of Justice, I will make sure I bring you plenty of stories.” She gave her a tight lipped smile full of warmth and for once enjoyed the fresh air on her face, unstifled by the hood. “I just wish there was some way I could bring even a small part of you with me, so you might see the world with me.”

Xokagi stood up in turn. “There is much I cannot do,” She explained, looking beyond the tomb. “I am cursed to never experience life. I do not want or feel anything physically, but I long for what I do not have,” She said, looking at Rikka. “I have been told stories of such carnal experiences, ones that I have learned are important to life,” She continued, shaking her head. “Things so many take for granted. A first crush, a first kiss, a first love, and a first lover, and a first lover lost. I will never know what any of these things feel like. I will only know what you and others of your kind tell me,” She said, starting to walk among the bodies once again.

This time a healthy blush took over the face of the angel and it lit her face up to match her hair. She looked to the side and followed behind the Goddess by a few steps, seemingly ashamed of what she was about to admit.

“I… I do not have much experience in love. I have seen it in my heavens, but I have never experienced it, never felt it before. I never had much time for it in my studies and duties, and not many of my kind looked on me with eyes of want or longing. I am not very… desired? In my heavens.”

Metal gauntlet rubbed on metal covered arm as she shrugged. It was a bit of a sore spot to the Angel, the fact that she had never experienced it in her young life. She knew what these things were, she had seen Angels in love, couples that walked her streets, but she had always been avoided save for when it came to something for her position.

Xokagi stopped, kneeling down and plucking a ring from a body, similar to her reptilian skeleton, and dropped it into the mouth of the bottle in her arms. “I think, what you need is confidence, little angel. A reason to take a chance and experience life to its fullest,” She explained, looking up at Rikka. “You are firm in your beliefs? That you will do what whim or will I may desire without question?” She asked, rattling her bottle and upturning it, revealing the ring once again. She looked it over, the gem holding a faint blue light, before looking back up at Rikka.

Rikka nodded without a hint of hesitation, her eyes and face firmly set in acceptance. “A decree from a Goddess is law, and I carry out the will of the Gods without question.” She raised her chin a little, eyes locked on the skeleton to watch just what they were doing with the ring. She felt no fear just because the Goddess was one of death, all things eventually died, it was a part of order. They were born, they lived, they died, that was life.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
“Then, I suppose I will give you my will,” Xokagi said, blue flame engulfing her hand around the ring, before closing her hand around it. “Kneel… You are much too tall and I would like to look at you better in this body.” She ordered, though her tone was still the same quiet, timid whisper it had been this whole conversation.

Rikka did as commanded with a quickness. The metal of her legs thudded heavily to the ground below as she kneeled, awaiting whatever came next. She watched the blue flame with curiosity now, wondering just what was going to happen. The skeleton puppet of the Goddess took Rikka’s hand, and turned it over, placing her palm flat on Rikka’s. The bones were cool.

“Take this ring and live for me, Rikka Araqiel,” Xokagi said, removing her hand to reveal the ring. It was cold, too cold to be natural. “Live, so that the stories you tell me will be all the sweeter. Find one of your companions, the one you think is most your equal, and take a chance,” She said, the smile in her whisper clear. “And so long as you keep this, I will know you do it so that your stories will let me live through you, even if for a moment.”

“A chance? On what?” She looked down to the ring in a bit of wonder, and after a moment she slipped her armored gauntlet off. After a moment her hand appeared much in the same way as her head had, fire burned paper, and the skin was the same. Pale and soft, untouched by even the sun, but all the same she slipped the ring onto her hand with a shiver. She was sure the cool touch of the metal wouldn’t fade from her mind for some time as she pulled her gauntlet back over her head, skin fading to nothing as the armor slid over her fingers and arm to lock back in place with the rest. When she looked at the skeleton, the blue flame filling her vanished, the skeleton falling in a heap, the botting skittering away across the tomb floor.

The torches around the room turned a bright yellow, typical of a flame, letting Rikka see the room as a whole. She could see designs painted on the walls that were once hidden. A pantheon, not familiar to her, with figures of seeming importance. The most prominent, a skeletal faced reptilian, standing over the body of a crude depiction of a body laid out like the many skeletons in the tomb, holding a bottle in her arms.

“A chance to help you live…” The wind whispered, a breeze catching Rikka’s hair, drawing her attention to where the walls were cut to indicate a door. “Rikka? Rikka can you hear me?” The Raspy voice of the Jong Wu on their team came over Rikka’s radio. “We’ve been looking for you for like, five hours, if you can hear me respond!”

Rikka’s eyes searched the room for the source of the whisper, sad yet hopeful she might see one more wisp of the flame. She curled her hand up and stared at where the ring rested cooly against her flesh underneath and shivered again, not sure what the sudden rise in her heart was for, nor the warm fluttering in her belly… But then she heard the large cat yelling at her and narrowed her eyes. Go figure the dumb cat couldn’t tell the time.

She quickly pulled her hood back up, her face dissipating like a fine mist before she spoke into the damned radio she had come to hate. “Jayden, I’ve been gone for an hour or so at most. I know numbers are diffi-...” She took a breath and closed her eyes before she spoke again. “I am in some kind of cavern…” She looked back to the carving on display and considered her next words for a moment or two before she spoke again.

“I don’t think there is anything here. I found what I think to be an exit though, I will follow it and see if we meet up.” She let the radio fall silent from her end and walked back to the bottle. She tested the weight, to see if she could pick it up or not. It let her pick it up, but it almost felt wrong to remove it from the room.

“Did you hit your head while you were down there?” Jayden asked over the com. “If you can hear me, your suit is reading mission clock. You might wanna look at it before you tell us you’ve been gone for an hour,” She remarked back. “You should see Royama when you get up here.”

Rikka lifted the bottle yet had no thought to take it from the room. She picked the bottle and took it back to the altar, placing it back where she had first found it. She stared at the bottle for a moment or two longer before she turned and picked the pieces of her sword up and walked to the door. “I will talk to you all when we meet up.” Was all the Angel said before she spared one last glance. It was strange how hesitant she was to leave, wanting a chance to speak to the woman one last time for some reason, but eventually she headed out back into the caves.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
When Rikka finally got back to the surface, Jayden was the only one standing there, or well, sitting against the wall, waiting for her. Everyone else seemed to had gone back to the ship. “You’re finally back from your adventure huh? What the hell happened too you down there? One second you’re just, hanging out, the next second you’re gone. Few hours later, you show back up on our suits thinking an hour has passed. You alright?”

Rikka huffed a little as she rejoined the group, spotting everyone else gone save for Jayden, the Angel’s eyes narrowed a little. “Fine… I just got a little turned around. I couldn’t have been gone that long.” She shook her head and looked around. “So what happened to you all?”

“You’re really making me think you need to see Royama, Rikke,” Jayden said, displaying her mission clock through the holosuite in her suit. It was clear there was a discrepancy in what Rikka thought the time was and the actual mission clock. “Do you need to sit down?”

“She looks formidable…” A weak voice whispered in Rikka’s ear.

Rikka was about to respond to Jayden when her head snapped to the side, confusion in her eyes. She looked around for someone speaking to her, before she spoke. “Wh-Who’s there?” There was still a healthy bit of confusion on her face as she spun around. “Is one of the smaller cats cloaked?”

Jayden just stared, holding up her hands. “Rikka, I really think you should sit down. I get it, you’re a powerful angel, but you are acting really weird,” She said, starting to walk towards Rikka.

“She cares…” The voice said, uncaring to the reaction it received last time it spoke.

“She cares cause I help to keep her al-...” Rikka looked to Jayden now, staring at her. “You can’t hear this voice?” She asked before she quickly looked back to her hand. “You’re only talking to me aren’t you?”

Jayden froze, looking side to side. “Rikka, I need you to sit down. There is no voice, it’s just me and you here,” She said, taking another step forward. Rikka saw a medical cross show up in the bottom right corner of her vision. “I’m calling for some help. We need to make sure you’re okay.”

“She is caring for you… Protecting you…”

“She doesn’t need too…” Rikka huffed, her eyes looking back to Jayden and down to the medical cross on her display before she let out a small grumble. “I do not need anyone to look at me I’m fine.” She admitted before she waved the taller woman off.

Jayden reached her arm out to stop Rikka, grabbing the front of her breastplate. “No. I know I’m not the smartest, but I know hearing voices and losing track of time are not good things to happen to someone. We need to make sure you’re okay,” She said, closing the distance, keeping her eyes on Rikka’s.

Rikka felt the ring on her hand send a tingling jolt up her arm and through her chest. Her heart started pounding in her chest, and a wave of hot anxiety started to build up in her chest at the proximity with Jayden. “Do it!” The whispering voice hissed, excitement clear in it’s voice. “Do it!”

“NO!” Rikka’s voice rang out clearly between the two women, though her hope was to silence the voice in her head rather than so much aimed at Jayden. She stared at the ground, fighting down the feeling in her chest as she took a step back from Jayden. She stared up for a moment at the taller woman before she sat back and down on a nearby rock, head in her hand.

“Call the doctor… I do not feel well.”

“Betrayer…” The voice whispered in her mind, repeating, over and over, the location seemingly from different directions. Jayden was in front of Rikka, clearly talking but the voices were drowning her out. “You gave your word! We gave you power,” it continued even as the voice continued whispering betrayer.

Rikka clutched at her head, listening to the words over and over as she shut her eyes in pain. “Then what would you have me do?! What do you want from me!” She nearly shouted the words out to be heard over the chorus of voices.

“First crush,” A voice said, before another picked up. “First kiss,” Then more showed up. “First love, first lover, first lover lost,” each voice repeated one of the things as Rikka’s head began to swim. Rikka could feel hands grabbing her, Jayden was trying to keep her upright, and behind her she could see one of the medical staff sprinting from the ship.

“I am NOT doing that with her! I am not doing that! Why would I do that?!” Rikka began to sway where she sat a little, glad for the hands on her as she began to develop a throbbing headache that pounded between her ears. She shook her head but made no real effort to fight Jayden off, glad for once for the Tigress’ hands on her.

The second she said that, the world around her came back, and the voice was gone. Replaced with an existential dread. That fear of death she felt when she first touched Xokagi’s bottle, only with no sign of relief. No skeletons for the Goddess to inhabit. Just the fear that she was going to die, and now? Now it was coupled with the fear she was going to die alone, unloved, unwanted.

“Rikka, you need to calm down,” Jayden groaned, shifting Rikka to the ground so she wasn’t holding her up anymore, the nurse skidding over and starting to work. Jayden began working on one side of Rikka’s armour as the nurse began on the other. “I don’t know what happened, she was confused, didnt know what time it was, started hearing voices and then started just freaking out!” Jayden added, clearly talking to the nurse now. “I tried calming her down but it didn’t work!”

Rikka’s eyes shut wide open as she felt the dread, hand at her chest and clutched hard against the metal of her armor. She began to hyperventilate quickly, eyes roaming, searching for a way away from the sensation. The words from the voices rang out in her head even as she lost the actual source of the voice before she spotted Jayden.

She seemed to freeze for a moment, fear in the ice blue glowing eyes that even the woman could feel, before she reached out with a quick hand and snatched the front of her suit. In a flash of confusion and fear on the Angel’s part, Rikka yanked hard on the Tigress’ uniform and pulled her in.

Jayden would feel a rush of warmth, like sitting under the sun in a clear field during the spring as her face was pulled into the hood and Rikka mashed a clumsy awkward kiss to her lips. Almost frantic, Rikka had feared if she didn’t at least fulfill one of the demands from the voices, she may very well perish there on the ground.

Just as quickly as Rikka kissed Jayden, the large cat threw Rikka back against the ground, scrambling to her face with a look of hurt and confusion, as she backed away.

Rikka felt a haze come over her, and her eyes became heavy as her body stopped responding to her orders. Rikka’s breaths still came fast and heavy as she reached out to Jayden again after she had been thrown away. She tried to say something, anything to explain, yet even as she did the words were slurred and unintelligible until the Angel blissfully passed out, unconscious on the ground and unmoving.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Rikka woke up, groggy. The feeling of dread was gone, the voice was gone, the world felt halfway normal, aside from the lack of a familiar weight. She wasn't wearing her armor, and most of her clothes were gone. She still has her hood and tabard covering her body.

Then she heard snoring. She was in the medical bay of the ship, and Jayden sat in a chair, head rolled to the side, snoring deeply. Certainly not a very ladylike position, but Jayden was never really ladylike. Then her eyes opened, and she lifted her head, looking at Rikka. "Oh good, you're awake," she muttered, standing up. "Glad I don't have to lug you around," she added, starting to leave.

Rikka groaned as she awoke, her head still swimming from the drugs and the confusion from what she had felt and what had happened. She struggled to sit up a bit and peered around, but as she spotted Jayden starting to stir, a fierce blush overtook her hidden face. Jayden would see none of it of course, save for the wide eyes as she stared at the woman. She was speechless as Jayden spoke and stood, but as she turned to leave, she finally found her tongue.

“Ja-Jayden! Wait! I… I’m sorry. Fo-for what I did to you.” It was the first time her voice hadn’t seemed to aggressive and standoffish with the woman, genuine concern in her tone. “I… I can’t explain what happened. I don’t even really know myself. But I wasn’t myself, and for what I did, I… I apologize. It was wrong of me.” Rikka sat up and turned to the woman, legs over the side of the bed as she did something fairly out of character for herself. She hung her head, her hands finding the opening of the hood and she seemingly attempted to pull it down and around her head further as if to hide deeper in it.

Jayden didn't turn as Rikka apologized, but she stopped. "Yeah, I still can't figure out if that makes me feel better," Jayden said, barely turning her head. "You were sick and delirious. You kissed me, which actually kinda makes sense. Why else would you kiss a Chongwu? Stupid mortal like me isn't worth the effort normally, huh?"

Rikka let out a breath as she thought on her companion’s words, something ringing in her head from her conversation earlier that day with the Goddess. “What does it matter if you’re a mortal? It doesn’t change anything… It doesn’t mean you aren’t worth it. You have your own story to tell, your own story to live. They all end the same no matter what, and will all be told.” Her words seemed a little distant, as if in a trance as she spoke, but she shook her head to clear it of the cobwebs.

“Jayden, I don’t think of you as your race, or that… citizenship stupidity, you know that right? Where you rank in society doesn’t mean anything, and I know we butt heads… a lot… but…” It seemed the Angel had begun to confuse even herself, not sure where her words were leading as she felt a burning in her chest. It was strange and felt different, she was wholly unsure of just what it was.

Jayden turned around, frowning. “But what…” She asked slowly, her voice cautious, prepared for Rikka to say something typical. Something stupid. “Cause right now, from where I stand? You think yourself better than even the worst people I can think of, with the exact same arrogance. You could do whatever you want. That kiss? Nurse laughed, I wanted to leave, but I couldn’t because you’re heavy and she wanted me to carry you. I didn’t have a choice. You could leave whenever you want. I’m stuck here until Sakamoto sells me…” She said, crossing her arms. “What you think doesn’t mean much…”

“And that’s stupid, that you don’t have your freedom because of where or how you were born or whatever it was. Jayden… My time amongst you all has started to show me things, things that I realize… I may not always be right about. I am not perfect, I never was I know that… But there are things I am better at than you, than anyone in the group, just as there are things you are better at.” Rikka sighed and shook her head, her hood still tight to her head. “I am… getting off track. I… Jayden I’m sorry. I know that must have been humiliating for you, and I am sure I’m the last person you would want to do that with.”

"Not the last person," Jayden sighed, crossing her arms. "So far we fight, and you've kinda been a massive bitch, but at least I know you're a bitch to everyone equally," she said, sitting down on a bed. "You sure you're alright though? This seems kinda out of character, and while an improvement, I don't want the improvement of it means your brain is broken."

One hand eventually left her hood to press her palm up under her hood and against her forehead as she rested the same elbow against her knee, leaned over as she spoke. “I… I don’t know. Something happened while I was down there Jayden, but I can’t explain it. And then these voices started in on me while we were talking, telling me to do things. When I didn’t… I thought I was going to die.” The Angel shivered a little as she remembered the feeling, one that even Jayden could see. “I’ve never felt like that Jayden. I’ve fought legions of demons, massive beasts bent on destroying and devouring everything in their path like a flood… And I’ve never felt the touch of death like that before.”

"Sounds like you're more mortal than you let on," Jayden said, actually smiling and walking over to Rikka's bed and sitting next to her. The bed groaned in protest at having two Giants on it, but it settled quick enough. "It seems like maybe you're afraid to die…"…

“Of course I am… Angels can die when Go-... When things like that are involved.” Rikka turned her head away a bit from Jayden as she sat down, embarrassed it seemed. “If it makes you feel any better, something to lord over me, it was my first time.” She was thankful for the hood as it hid her face for now, a chance to keep her blush hidden.

"And if it makes you feel better," Jayden said, nudging Rikka in the arm with her elbow. "That was the first time I didn't absolutely despise even the idea of it happening, so don't beat yourself up."

“It certainly wasn’t the way I wanted to do something like that… definitely not for my first time either.” Rikka let out a small huff and thought on it for a moment, before she looked up to Jayden beside her. Her eyes seemed to screw up as if in thought before she stood and walked a few paces in front of Jayden. Her hands gripped the sides of her hood and before she could talk herself out of it, she pulled back her hood.

The same scene, like fire burning away a paper covering, and Rikka’s face slowly came into view. The fair skin, golden sparkle of her freckles, the beautiful blue eyes and the red hair, Rikka stood before Jayden, uncovered for the second time in front of a squad member.

“Jayden, I apologize again for doing what I did. I know you said it’s… it’s not a big deal, but for me it is. I did something wrong, and for that I apologize.” She bowed before the Tigress, the braid slipping out from under her hood to dangle toward the floor in front of her.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Jayden started at Rikka for a moment, then rolled her eyes. Next thing Rikka knew, Jayden had grabbed her and kissed her, just as roughly as Rikka had before. Then she pulled back. "We're even. Stop apologizing."

Rikka’s eyes were wide as she was grabbed and roughly kissed, and for once Jayden would see the furious blush across her face that spread like fire under the fair skin. It served to highlight the freckles and covered from the tips of her ears down to her chest where it disappeared under her clothing.

Rikka for her part slowed herself after the kiss was broken and seemed to stare at Jayden strangely as if she were fighting something inside of herself. Jayden would see the debate as Rikka’s blue eyes searched her face for a moment. Faint whispering filling her ears, a hot tingling building up from her arm to her chest.

Jayden raised her eyebrows. "What? Cat caught your tongue?" She asked with a smile.

"Do it…"

Rikka heard the words in her head, felt the whispers, felt the heat and the tingling, and the taunt from Jayden. She was on autopilot as she spoke the words and closed the distance on the larger woman, not even sure what she said.

“Not yet she doesn’t.” Before Jayden could say another word, Rikka was against Jayden, lips crushed to hers again as she pushed her down into the bed, forcing her way on top. Though, Jayden want shy about using her strength to turn the tables on Rikka, pulling the Angel over and pinning her down, lifting her head up.

"You know, you suck at kissing right?" Jayden half laughed, rubbing her lips with her arm.

Rikka’s eyes went wide as she was turned over and felt the table creak and shift under their combined weight. A bit out of breath she looked aside and frowned a little. “Like I said, you’re my first… I’ve only ever seen someone doing it once, and that was because they didn’t notice me.”

Rikka didn’t seem to fight the position change though, in fact she seemed a little meeker than usual.

"Well," Jayden said, leaning back down. "I suppose I wouldn't mind teaching you how it's done," The cat purred. "If you don't mind doing what a Chongwu tells you to do…"

“I don’t mind doing what you tell me to do Jayden.” Rikka pushed past the Chongwu comment, instead focusing on the woman before her, and not what she was. Her eyes eventually found Jayden’s again as she licked her lips a little.

"Right," Jayden said sitting up and moving Rikka. Then, the cat sat up against the wall, and ushered Rikka forward. "Sit over my legs facing me, like you would ride a horse. Kneeling, obviously," she said, looking at Rikka carefully.

Rikka took a moment to gather her breath and nerve, but as Jayden settled herself in and instructed, the Angel followed suit. She took care not to just plop down in her lap, gently getting herself in place. Jayden likened it to riding a horse, but she had never felt so nervous or embarrassed riding a horse as she did now, straddling her squad mate as she was. Unsure where to put her hands or what to do with them, Rikka set them in her lap and awaited instruction.

"Relax, you're allowed to laugh," Jayden smiled, taking Rikka's hands and placing them on her shoulders. "Actually, laughing makes the nerves go away, makes things more fun of fun is the goal," she said, grabbing Rikka by the hips and pulling her close. "So let me see a smile… they make your nostrils look sexy…" Jayden bribed, winking.

The Angel looked at Jayden a little incredulously for a moment, but eventually she couldn’t hold the face. Her smile broke across her face after a second or two, and her nostrils did indeed flare a little, dimples forming on her cheeks, but she quickly ducked her face down as she felt the hands on her hips, hiding herself in her arms. “I-... I’m sorry. I know for an Angel I don’t look very attractive… I’m sorry for making you do this with me.”

"Oh would you shut up with that," Jayden whispered, starting to kiss Rikka's neck, rubbing her hands along the angels haute, holding her head. "I don't know a man alive who wouldn't drag their sack through a mile of glass to suck the dick of the last guy to fuck you…"”

Rikka couldn’t help but shiver again, this time from the kisses as Jayden would feel goosebumps rise quickly along her flesh, but Rikka let out a small laugh at her words. She would feel a little tense drain from her body. “I don’t know what half of that means… but it sounds painful.”

"It is," Jayden said, continuing her treatment. "They would say you're why the saying as beautiful as an angel exists. I wouldn't wanna stroke your ego too much, but I could hardly say I disagree.".”

The blush stayed prevalent on her skin, making it warm to the touch as Jayden continued to shower affection on her neck. She could feel a dull warmth grow in the pit of her stomach as butterflies began to work themselves up into a frenzy inside her. She began to relax a little more into the woman, closing the distance between their bodies more until they were chest to chest, Rikka’s face buried in Jayden’s shoulder.

“Nuh uh.” Jayden said, lifting Rikka’s head from her shoulder. “I’m teaching you how to kiss so you won’t eat the next person you decide to surprise’s face,” She grinned, leaning forward and finally kissing Rikka, one hand behind Rikka’s head, the other on the curve of her rear. Rikka could feel little pricks as Jayden squeezed, before the cat’s hand started exploring the rest of Rikka’s form.

She couldn’t help it, and found herself surprised a little as the moan slipped from her throat into Jayden’s mouth. Another shiver, though this time Rikka tried to mimic Jayden’s movements with her mouth. Her hands stayed firmly in place on the taller woman, though as her hands traveled and left her sides, Rikka seemed to shy away a little from the touch as if uncomfortable with it. It took her a second or two to muster the courage, but Rikka’s hands found Jayden’s hands, slowly moving them back to her hips as if a silent command to leave them there. She broke the kiss to take a breath. “I-... I don’t know I’m ready f-for that...yet.”

“Sounds good,” Jayden smiled, planting a kiss on Rikka’s jaw, and then neck. “I know what that feels like, so don’t worry,” She added, sitting back against the wall. “Though, if you wanna see what it feels like to touch someone else, by all means. I’m used to heavy petting, at least I can say you sorta asked,” Jayden said, going back to kissing Rikka’s neck and shoulder.

“I-I’m fine, I think for now… One step at a time right?” Rikka laughed a little and craned her neck to the side. Another moan escaped her before her hands began to move again. She had remembered something from the past, the time she had snuck the looks at the two who had been kissing. Fingers found the jawline of the Chongwu and pulled her up, palms cupping her chin and slowly she drew Jayden into a soft kiss. Gentle and careful it seemed, Rikka held her face for a few more moments before she let go and slid her arms around the woman’s neck to keep them pressed together and just enjoy the sensations she felt, for however long this might continue.

TheFirstOne

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
The two just laid on the medbay bed. The experimentation had settled down into the two just quietly cuddling, but it wasn't awkward.

Rikka rested her head in the space between Jayden’s arm and chest, seemingly a little conflicted yet not upset, just confused in a sense. She couldn’t help but laugh out as she thought of something. “Imagine if the others caught us like this… We would never hear the end of it.”

"Sure we would," Jayden countered, looking down. "I can crush cinder blocks with my bare hands, and it's hard to poke fun when your skull is being surgically recreated," She joked, closing her eyes. "I mean, we are honestly the most physically capable members of the squad and you have magic. We're fine, but I'm cool with butting heads with you still if you wanna save the face," Jayden teased.

“I hold no illusion that we will ever be perfectly in sync, I am sure we will still butt heads from time to time. But… I don’t feel a need for our normal hostility either. I will try to ride my high horse less.” She laughed a little, enjoying the warmth of the woman next to her.

"Hey I'm just saying," Jayden offered. "Quick verbal lashing, followed by making up later to keep the prying eyes away?" She teased, stretching out a bit. "I could handle getting electrocuted now and then if it meant I'd get this treatment later."

“I don’t know… It seems like a relationship like that might feel a bit... Abusive or wrong.” Rikka shrugged a little and sat up from her spot, hand on Jayden’s shoulder to support herself. “I don’t mind being friendly with you Jayden, I prefer this than getting thrown through a rack of lifting equipment.”

"Hey, you kinda asked for it," Jayden grinned, sitting up herself. "And if we can't fight, then I lose literally the only person who I can actually fight. I feel like I'm beating up annoying children, which, while very cathartic, gets boring," she sighed. "Though I guess you've got a point."

“I don’t mind sparring with you. It’s helped me as well, not having to fight some mindless demons to get stronger. It isn’t the same as someone that can actually think. And I wouldn’t mind… this afterwards, but I don’t want it to be whenever we are angry or mad at one another.” She smiled as she sat up all the way and stretched her back a little. A few pops up and down her spine, she let out a small sigh before she reached for her hood. “This was nice Jayden, thank you for teaching me. I guess not all mortal things are dumb and pointless.” She smirked a little and began to pull her hood back up to hide her face.

Jayden grabbed Rikka's wrist when she started putting her hood up. "You know, keep hitting your face, and you'll just be a faceless person. Let people see you and maybe they'll like you more. Easier to like a face than a suit of armor."

Rikka flinched as her wrist was grabbed and hand stopped, eyes looking at Jayden for a moment and there seemed to be a flash of fear in her gaze. She leaned in, giving Jayden one last kiss and used the moment as she pulled back to pull the hood up. “I’m… I’m not ready for that yet. Maybe soon, but not yet.”

"Whatever you say," Jayden smiled. "I'll see you around?"

Rikka nodded and stood, “Of course, I figured I still had lessons that you were planning to teach.” The Angel gave her a lingering look, a hidden smile that showed on the sides of her eyes for just a moment, before she turned and headed out of the room to gather her things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.