• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

Daqin VR Tech

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
How does Daqin VR Tech work? I assume they need brain implants. But do they communicate with each other wirelessly, directly, or do their thoughts all gather at a central server first? I assume there has to be some power bank in place that fuels this second reality.

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
I got the impression it wasn't an implant, but instead something baked into the Daqin from day 1 of their design (Part of why we can't just transfer a human brain over to a computer chip).

Going to let Cadet respond before I just start saying unfounded things tho.

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
Sorry for the late reply, but yes. It's something the Daqinren are created with from the start.

When their predecessors, the Zhuli, were first created by the CCP, they were made with the expectation of having some cybernetic implants placed for communication as part of their 'final assembly'. However, after The Termination and their departure, they began rapidly researching and developing this technology. Eventually, cybernetics were phased out entirely, and they now have the ability to confer with one another as an innate, organic ability. Despite this though, their base range and bandwidth is short, so they have to rely on using tools and devices to link up to their full potential. These devices are essentially high-bandwidth wireless devices that connect to them directly, and are more capable broadcast/receiver devices than they are innately. A booster, essentially. On top of that, they often have a local-network that they share, and use peer-to-peer connections for more private meetings.