• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

Crew Invitation

The room, as mentioned, was made to be comfortable, the couch a firm but comfy place, the nearby leather seats around the "fireplace" radiating a cozy atmosphere. The lighting was cozy, bright enough for people to see without augmentation, but dim enough to provide a delicate backlight. The chandelier glittered like the stars above the room, a fantastic sight.

More importantly, the couch was wide enough in the seat department to lay on without any discomfort. It seemed like it was made for such activities.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Miss Lu. Artemis Lu." She replied, biting her lips. "I know well you're bullshitting me with Jacob for a name, but fine by me." She wrapped her legs around the man's waist and pulled him on top of her on the couch. "Now then, "Jacob", indulge me..."

From above the two humans came the clearing of a throat, pointed at them. Standing over them on the balcony were two individuals, most apparent being the cat woman, Chongwu clearly, wearing a red dress that was cut to show her body off coyly, leaving it up to the imagination. Her fur was golden, her base most likely a lion from the old days of Earth, the hair on her head golden to match. Her eyes were blue, and filled with mirth as she stared down at the entangled man and woman. She wore a smirk on her face, and the back of her closest hand lightly slapped the man beside her on the shoulder. "Hey, it was just about to get good!" From her voice they could tell she was the one to summon them over the intercom.

The man beside her was a human, most likely from the AU but with the class ring of one from New Cambridge, glasses resting over his eyes. He held a datapad in his hands, and he looked down at the two with discomfort. In fact, looking at his eyes it was apparent he wasn't making eye contact with them. "It was about to be distracting to the point of the mission statement."

"No no cutie, that was the mission statement." The two of them began to walk down the stairs, allowing Artemis and "Jacob" time to compose themselves. Or not! Truly was up to them.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
Jacob gave Artemis a quick smile "Pity, things were just getting interesting." He untangled his body and cloak from her and stood up offering the still laying down fiesty female a hand.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"There's always time after work." Artemis smiled back, taking Jacob's hand and pulling herself up. She addressed the woman up on the balcony. "I assume you're our boss?"

The feline female smiled, the two newcomers now at the bottom of the stairs. She gave a curtsy as her companion stood there with the slightest embarrassed look in his eyes. She smiled a pleased smile, and approached them both to reach a hand for a handshake. "You're a bit of a smart one aren't you! Yes, I am Alymande Sphenta, but you may call me Aly!" Her companion cleared his throat again, and Alymande blinked in remembrance. "Yes! This is Jefferson McDerf, my right hand man and personal servant!"

"That is, surprisingly, not entirely incorrect it seems, since I was the one required to carry the datapad. Miss Alymande here is your boss for as long as you remain on the ship under her employ. The duties required of you will be... varied, depending on the missions available, but rest assured most are not dangerous. At least physically."

Alymande sat on the couch, patting it, indicating to the two newcomers she wished them to sit. "This won't be like most employment you're used to, I'm a chronic fun-haver, so no one is allowed to be a sourpuss here. I'm not going to ask you to die for me, and I'm not going to force any horrible situations on you that I'm not also going to be a part of. I do however need your individual expertise in various fields to help me, and our mission. Boy Toy, tell them the mission."

"Boy Toy" sighed. "Her mission is entertainment. My mission is gathering knowledge of the cultures of the world, and Aly can turn that knowledge to the Information Highway to heighten the knowledge base of the populace, and to entertain them. This is paramount to keeping cultures alive, and to stop the dreaded cycle of History. We will learn from history or we will repeat it." Aly held a finger up, looking at him with a stern smile. He sighed. "Apologies, she doesn't like when I start on this." She patted the couch again, and he rolled his eyes and sat down beside her.

She spoke with a smile, as she wrapped an arm around his neck. "Sorry, he's passionate. It's true though, this is our mission. To gather information, and broadcast it! Also it pays great! Any questions, concerns about the form you signed, or declarations about my beauty?"

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Are you up for a date any time?" Artemis went straight for the jugular, then nonchalantly fell onto the couch besides her and crossed one leg over the other. "I mean, yeah, you look great, and I bet you have a lot to say about things."

Alymande leaned closer to Artemis, a smile on her face that could only read as interested. "Oh so forward! Usually I need to work on people before I can get them alone!" She giggled, staring into the woman's eyes. "Name the date and the aesthetic taste of it, and I'm all yours baby." McDerf rolled his eyes, and looked over to "Jacob." How about you? Any clarifications required?"

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
As contracts went it wasn't exactaly the hardest James had ever done. Though socializing was never his strongsuit he had a pet that could be excedingly helpful in that regard sleeping in his room at this very second, though depending on the planet Snowball might already know enough to fill the requirements. Though the supplier of said contract had failed ot specify the planet which could be a good or a bad thing depending. Since she said she wasn't the type to throw people into the meat grinder he assumed it wasn't that bad but taking people at their word wasn't something James would do lightly. He did manage to keep his inner thoughts to himself and a smile on his face as he spoke, "What's the planet?"

Jefferson McDerf looked to James, seemingly pleased someone was paying attention to the mission. "Our next destination is a practice run set up by a..." he paused as he searched for the right word, before smiling, "an acquaintance of mine from New Cambridge. Unless something crazy happens, it'll be a good, mostly safe test of your abilities. We're going to a station in Hawking and meeting some contacts. Our benefactor wishes to learn from them, and using that we will learn as well. All in service of our greater goal."

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Artemis smiled, satisfied with Alymande's answer. "I'll think of something." However, she also looked at McDerf with an equally satisfied look. "New Cambridge? Where are the crazy tech people of the Union are? That'll be interesting. Who are the contacts?"

Alymande playfully poked Artemis' machine arm, raising the feline equivalent of an eyebrow. "You're one to talk about crazy tech people, science babe." She looked to the two of them with a smile. "We're going to be meeting some elves, in particular a friend of mine, and if all goes well, we're maybe taking some knowledge back with us. Maybe even some they don't know they gave us! I don't know yet, I'm sneaky like that! Granted, the travel will be just a little bit, so you'll have time to," her feline eyebrows waggled suggestively, "get comfortable."