• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

Crew Invitation

The grand liner Divine Embrace drifted amongst the stars, the crew nestled comfortably within. From the cutting edge holorooms to the classic yet ever useful lounge, the Crew Deck was still a magnificent place to live in between jobs. A select group of individuals walk these halls at the behest of the Lady Sphenta, their benefactor and employer. Their only contact was through her proxy, said to be her twin sister Alymande.

Before the next meeting, the Backstage Crew is to make sure they're all set up in their rooms, maybe meet each other if they wish to be social, and then Alymande will brief them. Her message implied it would be "fantastic and maybe epic, at the very least informative." Each room is customizable, with all the amenities one could hope for. This thread is for the introduction of characters and why they're here. Perhaps for the pay check, maybe because adventure is fun, perhaps they were horny and also good at something, and thus were swept into the Crew Deck to test their abilities.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Artemis Lu

Tall for a woman, but not particularly buff, short black hair, Asian descent, outfit varies from mission to mission but during alone time she likes to wear a simple T-shirt and exercise pants. Her cybernetic arm is the fancy kind that can be adapted for different tools for obvious reasons.

Free spirited, she changed her name multiple times to fit in with the institutions she worked for. Artemis will have been her fourth name, because she's weird like that. Her motivation has always been entertainment. She'll join new research if it entices her. How long she'll stay on the cruise ship, depends on how long it can keep her interested. She'll be focused on her research, but once the objectives are completed, or give her a good reason, and she'll get... playful.

Her room will have some potted plants and multiple computers running simulations. It'll also have some personnel exercise equipment to keep her energy in check.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
It took James a bit to find his room, Maple carried the one bag that he had along with her and Snowballs belongings. All along the way James was grumbling about how much money this costed but TB had insisted than relaxing after becoming human again was a requirement as well as simply getting used to piloting flesh instead of steel. Though once he managed to find the room his complaints about the cost swiftly vanished into stunned awe at the size and style of the room in question. The thing was huge to put it simply it had a mini bar, a massive four poster bed, and enough space for even Maple to roll around without much constraint. Said overly large humanoid Liger was already bounding into the room and rolling on the massive fluffy rugs the belongings already tossed around the massive carpet. "This room is amazing."

James sighed as Snowball joined in on the rough housing, the slightly smaller and white furred feline tackling Maple and being swiftly smothered in fluff. The human walked around the girating ball of fur and picked up his bag before ploping it next to the assumed walk in closet and then flopped onto the massive bed which defeated any attempt to complain as it flooded his sense with softness and smooth cloth.

The new applicants to the Backstage Crew had about half an hour to relax or otherwise occupy themselves before there was a soft but noticeable 'DING-DING' from a speaker in their rooms. A soothing voice spoke after their attention was gained, a woman's voice that sounded as peaceful as a sunny day and as soothing as a voice could be, with a certain amount of purposeful sexiness to it.

"Thank you for joining the Backstage Crew as we tour the finest spots in the galaxy. As members of the Backstage Crew you are asked to head to the Backstage Lounge, directions can be found on walls and in your datapad, and mingle amongst yourselves. In time, Lady Sphenta, your generous and magnificent benefactor, will meet with you to discuss your role in the betterment of the Universe. Thank you for listening."

The voice stopped, and another 'DING-DING' sounded after it to mark the end of the announcement. Whatever music they were listening to, if anything, paused for the speech.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
James slowly got up and out of the bed made of angel wings and fluffy clouds. He felt rested if not rejuvinated by the quick nap he had taken but he was still getting used to the whole idea of sleeping instead of simply wiping his brain free of the chemical build up. He streched and put on his black button up shirt, semi professional pants and crimson red robe, normaly worn by his drones. Maple and Snowball were also on the bed and very much asleep so James left one of the three humanoid drones that had accompanied him to watch over them while the other two followed him down the corridors of the ship and into the back stage area.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Artemis was watering her plants and in her underwear when she heard the announcement. With a kiss to the leaves, she slipped on a t-shirt, a pair of exercise pants and some boots. She then grabbed her datapad and scurried off to the lounge.

The hallways periodically had art of varying qualities hanging on their walls, and the end of a hallway had directions on them for the lost. They would pass individuals in a simple uniform, the outfit cut a bit lower than on any other establishment of such refined renown. Down the rustically lit halls the two would come to a door made in the style of an old castle, updated to fit the standards of the Void itself, Space. The Lounge opened for them, a large room designed to appear entirely cozy. An artificial fireplace warmed a lounge chair and sofa, while the rest of the book was wrapped in a bookcase around the walls. Just beyond the bookcase was the winding stairs to a second floor overlooking the first, a chandelier over a small ballroom floor. There was no one here save the two of them for the time, the artificial fireplace crackling invitingly.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
James looked in then to the female across the doorway from him and then to a nearby map on the wall. "Guess we are the first here?" He assumed the female across the doorway from him was also here for the backstage and he motioned to the room. "Ladies first." Sixty so years of being a brain in a jar James was still surprised he remebered what manners are. The two drones behind him just stood there as the human attempted social interaction, their hoods down revealing the shiny blank plates that stands in place of their faces.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Well, aren't you polite." Artemis smirked, but didn't move, instead stepping close to the James' drones. "And interesting." She put her arm around one of them and knocked on its face plate. "I've never seen bots like this." She remarked at James. "Can you tell me why you gave them hoods?" Unlike James, Artemis had no regard for pleasantries, instead getting into James' personnel space almost immediatley.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
James didn't quite flinch but it was a near thing. Being stabbed by pretty ladies was one of his more vivid memories from while he had his last body. "Makes them easier body doubles." He looked at the female a bit wearily but the drones didn't detect anything more dangerous than fingernails, though to the humans expierence those coud be just as dangerous as any knife. "And I'm not surprised you've never seen them before. I made them myself." Uncouciously adding some self praise, old habits die hard, James turned and kept facing the female as she got a bit personal with his drones.

Not that the drones reacted to the attention. They were in guard mode and she was designated a non hostile, for the moment. However TB did watch with some form of amusement as James looked a bit bewildered at the attention the random stranger was giving both him and his robots.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Why would you need a body double?" Artemis asked inquisitively. "I'm not sure these drones would make for good substitutes anyways. I mean, you're fleshy and they're clearly bots, even with hoods on." She demonstrated by pulling the hood over one of the drones, highlighting her cybernetic arm as she did so, then took a step back. "Just because they're hiding their faces doesn't mean you can't tell. Their current mannerisms are clearly robotic." Artemis explained of the currently stiff drones.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
Ignoring the first question, James wasn't hear to explain his life story and why he was overly paranoid of someone wanting to take his head, James moved onto the second. "They aren't wearing the full robe for one." Gesturing to the red one he was wearing, "For another..... Why are you asking these questions?" He stopped himself short of explaining that the people after him wouldn't be expecting him to be a human, instead turning a mildly bewildered look to the lady. He knew curiosity was a strong enticement but he didn't think someone would be so blatant about it.

The drone currently being toyed with turned its now hooded head to the women and did the robotic equivilant of a mild glare, though without a face it didn't have much luck conveying this. TB dissmissed the assumption that this woman was here to kill James, she would have tried by now if that was her only goal. Thinking along the same line as James the AI assumed curiosity to be the cause of the questions.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Look, it's not everyday that you see a guy walking around with two body doubles, drones mind you." Artemis nonchalantly replied, waving her fleshy hand. She smirked. "You definitely avoided the question. I assume it's not a particularly happy story. I'll leave that be, for now. Until I'm really bored."

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
James opened his mouth to reply, hand raising in that self assured manner he usualy had, then said nothing as he actualy thought over that statement. He didn't move from the position, too used to drones who went to standby mode as his brain worked through something. He stood like that, looking a little like a fish, before he came to the conclusion that this person was probably someone he shouldn't be interacting with.

TB thought James was just being a scaredy cat and let the deffinetly not intimidated human know. Being just a bit fed up with James and his paranoia the AI gave the human a metaphorical kick in the rump, in the form of causing a localized nerve pulse in his ankle and toppling the male human onto the human female. The drones backed away as to deprive James' arm of a support and the pair of metal men watched on with blank faces.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
There was a surprised yelp from Artemis as she hit the ground. After a split-second daze, her senses came into focus, finding the man she met merely minutes ago staring straight down and onto of her, with one of his hands on her chest, the shirt and the underwear underneath not at all hiding the shape of the mounds.

"Well then." Artemis couldn't help but blush. "This is quite the predicament we're in, and rather unexpected." Her gears turned, and she let out a devilish smile. "How about you tell me your secrets, and I'll let you keep this position for a little longer, and maybe something more down the line."

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
James looked at the situation he was in and wanted to swear at his AI but was a bit busy thinking over the deal being offered. TB had brought him here to relax and was apperently not above forcing the point. "I do beleive that is a very generous offer that I might just have to take you up on, as long as I get to hear a secret or two as well." He tried to keep the forced tone out of his voice and was successful for the most part. It had been something on sixty years since he got any, the chongwu didn't count they were pets if inteligent ones, and now that he was flesh and blood he actualy had the proper equipment. Not that he hadn't tried before but the.....

TB did the AI equvilant of rolling his eyes before putting it's metaphorical wrench in James'mental gears. This stopped the rabbit hole from being dug any deeper and James redirected his attention to the squishy thing under his hands. "Where do you want to start?" He asked the obvious question first as it was an important one. He let his other hand fall gently down on the othe blobby mass covered in clothings of various textures and forgot manners was a thing.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Uhnngh." Artemis grunted with the full weight of the man on her breasts. She grabbed onto one of his wrists with her cybernetic arm, using her fleshy arm to push herself up into a sitting position. The woman bit her lips at the extra stimulation. "Quite agreeable, like you were barely holding back a thirst." Artemis teased at the man. "First tell me your name, then tell me about these body guards." With her cybernetic arm still gripping James' hand, she led it in a small circular motion, massaging one of her breasts.

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
James grinned up at her a bit appologeticaly. "Sorry maybe I should have been more clear? Do you want to continue laying down on this hard floored hallway while I grope you or do you want to move to that couch in that room just over there?" He said this while still massaging the boob that was offered as sacrifice to his hand and showing little motivation to save either of them from the embarrasment of onlookers.

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Might as well get comfortable, stranger." Artemis smirked and folded her legs closer to her body. "You're about to have your hands all over me, might as well go all the way. Be a good gentleman and carry me over."

Piston1937

Wiki Moderator
“Of course.” ,James poked Terror Byte and requested the fake alias the AI had signed him up under. Jacob Argo was one of his older fake identities, from before he was put in a jar, it would do. Giving the pair of fun bags one last squeeze James slolwy got up and gave the rust old switch in his head a try. “Jacobs the name.”

Making use of the enhanced strength enjoyed by the daqin James easily picked up the enticing female. “And yes we might as well miss...?” He asked as he started carrying her inside the room.