• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

The Remapening of Earth

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator

TLDR: we've avoided a worst-case apocalypse, leaving us on track for a regular apocalypse in 2100

steinOS

Wiki Moderator
CCM Revision

Territorial build - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia no longer included. Armenia is in due to economic and geopolitical proximity - absorbed south eastern Azerbaijan autonomous region; Azerbaijan mainland joins Arabic League with it's neighbour Iran, Turkey and other states. Georgia granted greater control over South Ossetia and Abkhazia after joining CCM block with Armenia. Transnistria joins CCM while Moldova moves to GDW, though enforces neutrality in GDW matters concerning CCM. Eastern Ukrainian republics, Belarus and Kaliningrad in CCM block. Central Asian states - Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan in CCM block.

Rise in sea levels - Minor territory lost, much of northern coastline between 0m-100m above sea level. Many northern, frozen or otherwise tundra archipelagos formed. Northern coast largely unpopulated due to arctic climate - some small villages/semi-town clusters lost. Caspian Sea self-contained and did not rise.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||​

45853203.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height map -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

CCM floodmap.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Flooded areas -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
I think I'm mostly ok with this, though we're at a point where current events might end up changing things.

I am really interested in how the climate is going to change for Russia. It is supposed to be getting a lot more fresh water, which makes me wonder if it could become more of an agricultural power on earth.

steinOS

Wiki Moderator
It already is in present day; agriculture might go up further still with that factor, prioritisation of life-support and cultivation technologies are part of Soyuz national strategy. Though further on the climate front, Siberian forest fires are a more frequent and serious concern, likely resulting in an annually sooty landscape in certain areas - though with irregular frequency as many of current fires are attributed to people being gigaminds with cigarettes etc. seasonally.

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
Oh man, looking at the wildfire predictions again and that's nuts

1653336059437.png

The crop failure though seems to indicate that the fertile black-earth area would be in a lot of trouble. I don't think Russia's present output will be an indicator of where you'll see stuff being grown in Soyuz times. Or, maybe I'm wrong and they'll just put efforts into developing that area to be more climate-resistant?

Perhaps south-east of Moscow is where the major archologies will get developed for the Soyuz? It could even be that this area becomes even more valuable as enclosed growing spaces use the local soil and abundant water for agricultural products?

1653336132421.png