• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

[The Gentle Breeze] Chapter 3.5 - Email of the Beast

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
Atlantica System
2320 CE

The police were not equipped to handle this.

Typically, cells in a jail were simple affairs. Just temporary holding areas more than anything else. It was a small area with simple foam beds jutting out of the wall in the back, along with a sink with an integrated toilet all in clear view. The same went for every single other cell where people were being brought in and processed, either being sent out after they sobered or put in ‘the slammer’ proper for longer holding. But this one cell was special, primarily due to it’s occupant. The cells were all separated by transparent aluminum walls, the bars themselves like glass with their transparency, but even with all this between them, the ‘neighbors’ all kept their distance.

“Hey, you got a guest!” the grizzled old sergeant rapped his baton against the bars to get the occupant’s attention.

The mattress had been propped up and crumpled into the corner in order to make a makeshift den, though it made a poor hiding place for the creature within. A long barbed tail was sticking out, and made a loud slap of agitation when it was called upon. What was lurking within didn’t simply reveal itself, but cast off the slab of foam and throw it, ringing against the transparent metal bars.

Hopping upright onto cloven hooves, the Chongwu looked like something out of a Bosch painting. Goat-like and brimming with muscle, fangs and teeth. Distinctly female and wearing little but a fitting plastic bodysuit and collar, not that the current random fit of rage lended it anything in terms of attraction.

Reaction shouldn’t have been a surprise. It was always sending electronic messages using some kind of internal wifi adaption, but refused to talk to humans past calling them ‘lesser components’. The huffing noise, as well as an expression of looking for something to throw, was also a common trait.

“I hope you have better luck dealing with this one,” the police officer grumbled, walking away. Even as he did so however, simply glancing through the walls made it clear just who, or what had come for her. Clad in crimson dress, her visitor’s feminine form was all too easy to see, the cloth perfectly tailored to cling close to her body. However, it wasn’t this woman’s curves, the gleam of her raven black hair or even the glint in her golden eyes that made her stand out. It was the sleeves of bright, shining feathers on her arms and the proud tail of plumage. She was a Daqinren Rooster.

“There! That’s the one Sakamoto!” Popping to life besides the Rooster, a hologram of an armored bodysuit clad Tigress suddenly came into view. Unusually curvaceous and short for a stormtrooper of The Empire , and with an almost bratty bluntness to her, it was impossible for this person to be anyone else. “That’s the dumb animal that keeps on yapping at me!” Hoshiko accusingly pointed a finger at the Chongwu. Though she wasn’t there in person, her hologram projected by a sphere drone on the ground with another box drone balancing on top with it’s four rubber balls, she looked all too real. Daqin technology did not cut corners.

“Ara, ara,” the Sakamoto began, politely taken aback. “Who do we have here?” she pondered aloud.

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
“D-D-D-D-Daqin chooses who is split!” It stuttered obnoxiously, red eyes going wide with seeming disbelief. It utterly froze in its tracks, and completely garbled it’s words trying to say everything it had stored away at once. “Y-Y-ou are here to put Solna back in superior order, y-yes!? T-T-Two Daqin is here!”

It bore a sizable pair of fangs at the head-to-shoulders shorter hologram, biceps becoming looser and less tense. Was it happy? The language wasn’t really all that much more understandable than the constant, quasi-religious, semi-threatening emails…

...As soon as they had started talking again, they shut up and faced away, practically slamming their back into the bars and bundling into a ball. Doing their best not to move, but actively vibrating on the spot with some kind of barely contained, arcane excitement.

Waiting for something?...

“Ahhhh, my ears!” Hoshiko wailed, clasping her hands over her feline ears. “It’s grammar is horrible too!” she added, less than pleased by the Chongwu’s strange demeanor. “This one has to be defective or something! It’s always talking about how we’re supposed to tell it to split stuff! I don’t split stuff!”

“Ara,” Sakamoto began, a little uncertain herself. “Is there something you want, or are waiting for?” the feathered woman asked, trying to understand just what this strange Chongwu was thinking.

“...It… The Daqin puts it’s hand on the head, and it does commandments.” The caged one replied, still facing away. Hushing it’s nasally voice, maybe a little confused in tone, as if wondering how the divine visitor didn’t understand this. “Solna will reduce the humans to parts. That is command, is?”

Still not moving, still facing away, brooding with anticipation.

“See? It keeps speaking like it’s broken or something!” Hoshiko hissed like a cat, her tail standing up on end as the hairs straightened out like little spikes. “And it somehow keeps getting it’s grubby hands on my personal address! My inbox is full of spam! And in The Empire! Spam isn’t supposed to exist in The Empire!” the short Tigress stomped her feet.

“Aww, poor thing,” Sakamoto cood at the Chongwu. “Did you have a bad master?” she asked. “Did they ask you to chop people up?” Though the police officer was on his way out, he was still well within earshot, the sound of him doing a spit take all to clear.

“Say what now?!” the man’s eyes widened. The neighboring inmates shuffled away even further at the exchange.

“Bad master?...” The Chongwu let the sentiment hang in the air for a pace, as if not really understanding the concept. Almost bashfully, it looked at the comely rooster lady behind them in order to grasp some additional context, but found none. Resigning to the idea it simply didn’t understand, the snout snapped back, facing down and away. “It’s logical. Everything made of parts. The Daqin made of human parts, put back together in a better order… Solna is… S-solna is tempered to be good at this. Good having purpose, is.”

Rapidly tumbling around on it’s constant rollercoaster of emotions, the demon-thing grasped it’s head, ruffling hands through a mane of dark brown hair, huffing air out loudly. Probably what passed for their ‘thinking noises’.

“What is spam? Has this one doing the annoying of Shi Admiral of Dingoo Joonshy Korui Hoshyko? It is not right for Chongwu to separate parts of efficient usings, is?”

“Uuuuuuuuuughhh,” the hologram of Hoshiko groaned. “Some second class must have bought her and tried making themselves a hit-chongwu,” the orange haired officer realized, closing her eyes and rubbing her temple in an attempt to alleviate her suffering. “I’m not even sure she can even confirm that was the case either with how she’s been washed and rinsed so much.”

“Excuse me, officer?” Sakamoto’s golden eyes turned on the older man. “Come here please?” she beckoned him with a finger. Intentionally or not, the exotic woman’s gesture was suggestive in nature, but being a veteran of the police force, it was a sign of danger for him. Glancing at the cameras first, the salt and pepper haired police veteran steeled himself and stepped closer, only for Sakamoto to reach into the cleavage of her tight dress and pull out a necklace with what looked like a coin with a hole in it. But not just any coin - it was clear that it was a modern, even futuristic thing with the styling on its surface, but the moment she tapped the man’s belt buckle, his smart phone vibrated.

“What the?” Pulling it out, and glancing at the screen, his eyes widened before he nonchalantly put it away. “Nothing out of place here, he remarked,” turning to leave again.

“Would you like a new home? I’ll be a good master!” Sakamoto leaned forward, hands on her thighs as she smiled.

“Whaaaaaaat?!” Hoshiko’s eyes widened.

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
Whatever ritual or protocol the Chongwu expected now being completely dislodged, it half-turned to look through the bars again, grabbing it’s collar with one clawed hand, and scratching nervously against the floor with the other. Hoshiko wasn’t too big, but had angular features and a demanding attitude, which was only right for a Daqin that should be ordering Solna around. Sakamoto was more… embellished, soft, decorated. Presence without the physical mass, making them feel ghostly and insubstantial to Solna’s eyes. Made their stomach feel funny.

“You’ll be… master of this one?” It narrowed it’s eyes and lowered their head again, timid. “Putting Solna in a new place?... W-... H-.... What commands is it you are having me doings?... S-Solna will do it! Efficient usings!” Whatever went on with the coin basically went over their head. They had the authority to simply command the human to leave, in their mind.

“Oh, nothing new,” Sakamoto began. “But would you like me to be your master?” The exquisite woman held her hands out as though to offer something, however, the neighboring inmates grew sweaty and uncomfortable.

“Hm. Well, I guess this could work out,” Hoshiko half-pouted. “I think second class are just fine as fodder, but if this is for your experiment with thirds, it couldn’t hurt,” she admitted, hands on her hips. “But you’re gonna follow Sakamoto Xiǎojiě’s orders, got that?” the Tigress commandingly pointed a finger at the...thing. “And what type of Chongwu are you even? A cow maybe?” she raised an eyebrow.

“C-C-c-Custom… T-Three, is?” Solna sounded out the words, as if they’d never had a reason to convert them to audio before. “A cow is a useful thing?... They saying Solna is a goat… don’t knowing that either… A Chongwu is always listening to orders, yes… Solna is Chongwu… Daqin temper parts into Chongwu for good reasons, is.”

Sakamoto’s soft approach continued to make them nervous, not really able to grasp what a creature that looked like that intended to do to them… Still, with the information at hand, and how the humans listened to what she said, Solna concluded that the lithe thing probably must be a Daqin too.

Folding their ears down and closing their eyes, they just did what seemed to come as expected, and placed their head in Sakamoto’s open hands. The hair was super fluffy and light, but their eyebrows and jaw muscles were still tensing with anxiousness underneath.

“Awww, do you want head pats Solna?” the feathered Daqinren smiled. “I have headpats! Lots of headpats then!” she began to give just that, scratching the abnormal Chongwu behind the ears.

“This thing is practically defective with what they did to it, but I guess you like taking in broken things and fixing them huh?” Hoshiko raised an eyebrow. “Well, as long as it kill-kills things li - “ Stopping mid-sentence, the Tigress’s eyebrow twitched as her cheeks flushed red. “NOW IT HAS ME DOING IT!” she stomped her feet.

Grabbing the bars with both hands, and swinging their tail in a wide arc that made a ‘tong’ sound against the sink plumbing, Solna began vibrating on the spot again, and made an increasingly high pitched mumbling noise under the attention. It kind of was what they told Sakamoto to do, when they were originally assuming the two Daqinren were here to kill everybody… Were they being teased?

“Broken and fixing… Broken and fixing... “ A squeaky voice. “Solna knows broken and fixing. She’ll do broken and fixing for this Daqin?... Is this what is now? Solna is ordered?” the Chongwu asked.

“Oh no, not at all~” Sakamoto began. “All you need to do is just follow our orders,” she smiled.