• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

Book 2, Chapter 2:

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
"Huh," Midnight began, peering over the ledge of the building. "When I was getting my genemods done, they talked a lot of trash about humans, and one of the things they said was that they didn't think vertically." Down below, the people looked like bugs. "I guess they're right about some things," her lips quivered enigmatically. "Is that a friend of either of you by the way?" she asked the two, pointing at the...heavily modified, flying cyborg girl. "Or should I panic because we've been found out?"

LavaLung

GM
Wiki Moderator
Ingrid glanced up at the strange rocket-cyborg, habitually thinking of ways they could potentially shoot it down. There weren't exactly a great deal of options.

"...Doesn't seem like the Yakuza's aesthetics." They considered out loud, thinking about how her bosses preferred something 'classic human' even if it sometimes blew their cover in sheer antiquity. "The neanderthals in the alley don't seem to be getting any live reports, either..."

A shrug. The rabbit girl couldn't rule out that Hilda had more unseen enemies, that might be using the chaos to eliminate them.

Stretching their lithe arms outwards, clicking their wrists, and bending towards to touch their toes, Ingrid used the time to ponder just how little options they had in general.

Seems like the three of them were two steps from getting ventilated, huh?

"Either of you have a space ship waiting at the docks?" She picked up Cletus without asking, clearly about to start a running jump to the next roof. "If not, we are going to have to find one."

nasmorph

Cletus, finding a better perspective there, clung to the side of the rooftop rather than standing on the landing. In response to Midnight's concerned questioning however, he scurried up onto the roof and flashed a bright green thumbs up on his monitor. "That's Z-23. I'm not sure what her mission is, but I think she's doing a swell job."

He tried, instinctually, to scurry away when suddenly taken up by Ingrid, but instead his legs flailed about uselessly in the air. A small shutter on his side opened up, revealing a recess from which a thin mechanical arm came, pointing towards the docks. "My ship is over there, but I'm not certain that I'm allowed guests."

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
NYOOOOOOOOoooooommmmm.....

Z-23 would fly by a bit closer to the tower, it seemed she was looking downwards, searching street by street from above. It seemed she didn't want to slow down too much, since the people below her were taking pot-shots at her. She didn't seem to be checking the roofs of buildings and often was flying only a 10-15 meters above the ground.

The Yakuza below them were starting to expand their search. One of them grabbed the scooter and went on ahead, as others started to fan out below in the Alleyway. They would quickly start checking the doors, seeing if any had been left unlocked as they moved onward.

And it seemed that more Yakuza were on their way. While the police were mostly gathered in the main streets, more Yakuza started to converge on the convince store the group had gathered in to aid in the search.

Ingrid had been around long enough to know her boss had a ship at the docks... but who knows which one it was or if the goons were already tearing it apart. They had also worked on this station long enough to know there was more than one way off the station itself. There were emergency airlocks with space-suits that existed 'somewhere underground' and there was always the option of arranging for transport with whoever happened to be docked at the spaceport.

CadetNewb

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
Upon hearing that the cyborg-girl was Cletus' friend, Midnight had to try her very hardest not to laugh. Her face flushed, her eyes quivered, and her body shook, but she swallowed it down. Somehow.

"I-I'm sure you're doing a great job too," Midnight's voice quivered. It seemed that whoever these were, they were quite a band of misfits. "Since it seems the Yakuza aren't going up the stairs and searching all that well, I guess we're not in too much of a hurry," she noted, wondering if there was a place for her there. Taking turns holding Cletus, she leaped over to the next building where the tiny cleaning bot had pointed them towards. "I'm sure whoever you work for would be okay with having visitors - you were sent out to find some anyways, right?" Midnight added, hoping the logic - however faulty - would have the machine comply.

"Um, who do you all work for again?" she realized, uncertain who they were. Again.

LavaLung

GM
Wiki Moderator
"It only takes one of those chumps to look up." Ingrid leapt with a similar amount of genetically engineered grace, albeit helped a great deal by the way the gravity petered out the 'higher' up they were. "Let's keep moving. You're not allowed to die. The boss says so."

She was a little impatient, because being on these rooves really was quite open; Buildings in an artificial environment really had very little need for clutter, like satellite dishes or solar panels, on their rooves. It meant they had a straight set of hurdles to their target, but very little for impromptu cover should the bullets start flying. It was one of the many reasons she preferred the garbage truck option.

"...Guess you two really got talking before I arrived..." A exerted huff, now starting to swing Cletus around to propel their jumps a bit further. They did, at least, do him the dignity of holding him the right way up when it was her turn to hold him. "I'm from the Neomni clan, Miss O. I work for your boss... Who do you work for, robot? Somebody we can catch a covert ride from?"