• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

Firearm Template for the Wiki

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Specific lengths and weights might be too much information, since that implies internal, mechanical information that the writer might just not know. We should just be content with "light, heavy," etc.

As for capacity, forgive my ignorance, but isn't capacity determined by the magazine size? So theorhetically you could have a 100 round magazine. It wouldn't be practical, but it's not constrained by the gun itself.

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
I think Length and Weight are the least we can have there. They should be super-easy for someone to estimate just by looking up similar weapons, and its not like we're asking for the full dimensions of the weapon.

I think you have a good point about capacity, but I also think that's something that players would really need. Perhaps we should move that down to the Ammunition area? Or perhaps list the types of magazines a weapon can accept instead? A list of magazines could list capacity next to them and could be an easy one-line list or a link to a more in depth article about the magazine if there is a reason to do so?

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
I would say label it as "Typical capacity", then elaborate further in paragraphs itself, if necessary. I don't think we need in depth articles about magazines, unless they're some ultra high tech that draws ammo from a portal. My opinion of mags is that they're just going to be spring loaded or some other, clever bit of mechanical engineering that improves feed reliability.

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
An article for a magazine might be a small one paragraph stub article with some art on it, but it could ALSO be reused by other articles for guns that share magazine types. I think it would be a good way to make things feel more fleshed out. We could make it as small as a one line: '10 round magazine','20 round magazine', etc.

The UG-18 has an example of what I was thinking about there: https://noblesofnull.com/wiki/ug-18

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Is this settled then? What else needs to be added here?

Overview

Weapon:
Type:
Operators:
Manufacturer:
Introduced:
(year)

Length: XX centimeters
Weight: XXlb (XX kg)

Ammunition:
Capacity:

History

Layout

Usage

Ammunition

The ammunition will certainly warrant its own article.

Uso

Administrator
Staff member
Wiki Moderator
Do we want to drop the Ammunition section at the end entirely?

Ammunition could have links to an actual ammo article.

Edit: Also, should we put more description about what is expected in History / Layout / Usage? Or perhaps find a way to consolidate those?

Or even just make it clear they aren't required?

Last edited:

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
We can drop the ammo section and have links to actual ammo article. We should consolidate history layout usage to just "Background"