• Nobles of Null is a forum based roleplay site where sci-fi and magic collide. Here, Earth remains fractured and divided despite humanity reaching out to the stars. Worse still, the trans-human slaves of one major power have escaped, only to establish their own Empire, seething with resentment at abuses of the past. Even the discovery of aliens, though medieval in development, has failed to rally these squabbling children of Earth together with its far darker implications. Worse still, is the discovery of the impossible - magic. Practiced by the alien locals, nearly depleted and therefore rare, its reality warping abilities remains abstract and distant to the general populace. All the while, unseen in the darkness of space, forces from without threaten to press in. For those with eyes opened by insight, it is clear that an era is about to end, and that a new age will dawn.

Chapter 3 & 4 Intermission 1: Odd Favor

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
Coauthored by Acewing13, Ikate Keda Studios, TheCountryWarrior

???? A.D., Half an hour after the raid on Gluck

Aboard the Holsteiner

“Hmm,” Bee murmured, reclining on her bed as she watched a video on her PD. She had to velcro the device to her leg in the zero gee, since one of her arms was encased in a cast and tied to her torso and the other was holding a bulb of water. She set the bulb aside for a moment as she tapped on the device, but when she tried to get her bulb back, she missed and hit it with the back of her hand, sending it across the room, to settle by another couple of matching half-full bulbs. “Uggggh,” she said, sighing as she buried her head to her pillow. “Stupid, fucking zero gee.”

“ ‘ey,” A quiet voice said, Joan’s helmeted head poking into the room, the rest of her following shortly after. “Keepin yerself busy Ah ‘ope,” She added, floating over to Beatrix. “Look, ah jus’ wan’ed ta say ahm sorry fer yer arm… Maybe if ah ‘aden’t stopped us den-”

“Uh uh,” Bee said, waving a finger at the other woman. “First, you’re jumping into an apology early. Need more small talk first, which I am keeping somewhat busy, though I’m bored right now. Second, you don’t get to take credit for my injury. I shot the monster first, fair and square. Heck, I was probably the best one to get attacked, since if the same thing had happened to either you or Juan, you’d probably have lost an arm or worse, since the hull cutter wouldn’t have a shield to go through first. Third,” she continued with a smile, “If you still feel bad, mind tossing one of those bulbs back to me? I keep losing the damn things.”

Beatrix couldn’t see Joan’s face, but she could see the woman’s shoulders drop a little. Though, as requested, she leaned back and collected the bulbs, pushing them towards Beatrix and floating back over. “Ya can’t take all da blame fer this.”

“Sure,” Bee said, grabbing the bulbs and putting them in a nearby bag. “I mean, I’m not the one that was holding the hull cutter after all.” She chuckled before continuing, “Yeah, I know it’s not what you meant. To a certain point, you’re right. But if you’re apologizing for not seeing the pirates having a brute on their ship, I gotta say that I never expected you to have precognition.”

"Ah felt funny bout it," Joan said, crossing her arms. "Ah shoulda called it long before ah did," she stubbornly argued.

Beatrix rolled her eyes, but stayed silent for a moment. She then smirked and asked, “Alright, if you’re sooo adamant about taking some blame, why don’t you do me a favor?”

"Sure," Joan said, standing up. "Whatcha want?"

“I wanna see you and Juan make out,” Bee said, her smirk turning into a grin. “ASAP. First kiss, let's go!”

Joan was silent, rubbing the back of her helmet out of habit. "Uh… you want our first kiss here?" She asked looking around. "Like, right now?"

“Either of you have better things to do while we wait for the Space Patrol to get here?” Beatrix asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well… I'll ask," Joan said looking away. "But it ain't gonna be the first…"

“What?!” Bee asked, looking at the other woman, not sure whether to be disappointed or excited. “When did this happen?”

"Uh… in yer room…" Joan said. "Da other day…"

“Really?” Beatrix asked, groaning as she facepalmed. “Damn it all, if I knew that was going to happen, I would have stayed in the room. Wait,” she continued, peeking over her hand, “Is that it or have you guys been doing more since then?”

"Ah kissed him, and den we left," Joan said simply. "Nuffin more," she added. "Plus, ah don't take my helmet off on mission, so unless you wanna see him kiss a face plate." Joan shrugged, now trying to get out of it.

“That’s it?” Bee asked, snorting as she went to grab a bulb of water. “Let me ask you something. Do you like Juan?”

"Ah said he was a good guy!" Joan said, annoyance filling her voice. "What more does ya want? Ah don't fink ah'm quite ready for something… I don't know…"

“But is that all you want out of it right now?” Bee asked.

"Oh what kinda fucked up riddle is that!?" Joan whined. "What do you mean is that all I want right now?"

“What? Are you telling me you haven’t wondered whether he’s all talk or if he’s as much of a lover boy as he says he is?” Beatrix asked with a smile. “That you haven’t wanted to get more than just a kiss out of him?”

"Oh no," Joan said shaking her head. "No no no, I ain't… no! I mean, if things were different, sure, but… no! I am not letting you fuck with my head!" Joan snapped, crossing her arms firmly. "Ah kin joke about it, but no."

“But you said you’d do me a favor,” Bee said with a pout. “I’m not asking you to fuck him. Maybe just a makeout session? Get my blood going a little? Kinda hard to do anything myself, since all my toys are back on the Dahiem.”

"Ah will ask him if he wants to kiss me," Joan growled, looking defeated even through the armor. "Jesus, part of me would rather get you off myself," she grumbled, clicking the ship com. "Hey Spaniard, me and Bee want to talk to you," she said simply, looking at Beatrix again. "Happy?"

“We’ll have ta see,” Bee said with a shrug, before taking a swig of water.

“Oh sweet, on my way,” came the chipper reply. Juan was much more personable when the imminent threat of death was removed. He floated over within minutes, a smile on his face. “Hey ladies, Bee, still living, I knew the bitch couldn’t put you down. You said we needed to talk?”

"Bee wants us to make out," Joan said, turning to face Juan. "She used my kindness against me, but I'm a woman of my word, so," she said clapping her gloved hands together. "Up to you."

“Pleeeeeease?” Beatrix asked, batting her eyes at Juan.

"Ah told her I wouldn't sleep with you here, so count your blessings," Joan added, shooting daggers at Beatrix through her helmet.

Juan was stunned. He stared at Joan, looked to Bee, and stuttered. “U-uh… why do you want to see this? We haven’t even…” he looked to Joan, a semblance of realization dawned upon his face. “Did you tell her?”

“Tell me what?” Bee asked, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Yes she knows," Joan sighed. "She wanted to see our first kiss, didn't have the heart not to tell her."

“Well.” He sighed, removing his helmet. “What, are we gonna be showing off for her amusement now?”

“In essence,” Beatrix said with a nod. “Need to see the OTP join together with my own eyes.”

"You can say no," Joan quickly followed. "I can't cause she cornered me with my own kindness. So I made the bed, I'll lay in it. You don't have to though…"

Juan wasn’t entirely comfortable with this, but dammit she set up something terrible for him to add on to. “I mean if you want me to lay in the bed of your own making with you…” He chuckled to himself, and looked to Joan. “I feel like we’re both being manipulated here.”

Ray of Meep

Administrator
Wiki Moderator
"Me for sure," Joan said, crossing her arms. "But I said I would do anything to make up for the fact my call almost cost her an arm, and I already weaseled out of the elevation of the request. I can't say anything and keep saying no."

Juan laughs to himself, and shrugs. “You know I’m willing to help, so… let's pay off this debt to society.” He floats closer, and sighs. “Though I’m not sure how comfortable I am with her watching. Who knows what she’s gonna think about alone in the night”

Joan pulled off her helmet, letting her hair free. "Well, you just said you'd help," she sighed, mag locking herself to the deck, grabbing Juan and pulling him into a kiss. The same kiss she gave him in the room.

The kiss was returned, for a second, hesitant, but caution went to the wind and the “kiss” seemed far more animalistic than just a simple smooch. An intense feeling of desire permeated the meeting of faces, his eyes closed, and it was only after a solid minute that he dared separate from her, eyes opening and glancing around in embarrassment. “So, debt paid?”

“I suppose,” Bee said with a small smile. “Would probably get too excited if you went further. No need to be embarrassed though, it’s not like the kids are around or anything.”

Joan blinked, not exactly expecting what had actually happened. “Uh… Yeah… Kids,” She said, her face red as she put her helmet back on quickly. “Right… So there, debt paid... “ She said, mindlessly fanning herself with one hand, like she had before. “And see, I didn’t even end it,” She added.

Juan put his helmet back on, and sighed. “You’re doing the hand thing again.” Making Joan grab her hand with the other and force it to her side. “That’s adorable.” He chuckled, and looked around. “Well I hope you are entertained, Bee. Is that all?”

“I’m good if both of you are good,” Beatrix said with a sigh. “Though, can I comment on how it’s weird how both of you wear your helmets after we’re essentially done with a job? It makes it look like two masked intruders are in my room, ready to do something untoward with my helpless self.”

“I’ve been caught on my ass once before,” Joan shrugged, at Beatrix’s comment about her wearing her armour, ignoring the stab. “As far as I’m concerned, I am security on this ship, and the mission isn’t over until we are docked, where the Dalheim has security of it’s own, that we can assist,” She added. “Last thing we need is to get attacked, and for a third of our current fighting force to be taken out because I hit my head.”

“Agreed, the mission isn’t over till the bird is home.” Juan agreed. “A lot can happen in the interim. Bee, wow. Just. I thought I knew you,” he joked.

“What led you to think I don’t have a dirty mind?” Bee asked with a chuckle. “It’s not my fault the suits kinda look like bondage gear.”

“I never thought they look like that,” Juan sighed, “and now it’ll be hard to unsee it. Thanks.”
“Everyfing looks like bondage gear ta ‘er,” Joan said, crossing her arms. “She’s jus’ tryin tah git me goin…”

Juan smiled cheekily at a new chance to poke fun. “Is it working?”

“It is,” Joan said, looking at Juan. “Was finking about ‘avin ya drag me inta da cornah, but dat question jus kinda frew me off da mood,” She said with a sigh. “Ah well,” She added, turning around ad starting to float off.

Juan looked confused, and like he missed an opportunity, and started floating after her. “Wait can I get a translation?”

“The tease,” Beatrix said, facepalming herself as she groaned. “Such teasing. And it flew over his head? Ohhhhhhh, so not fair. I wanna see him ravish you in the corner!”

“Maybe next time,” Joan said, pulling herself up into another section of the ship.

Juan looked like he was judging them both. “Y’all both need to get laid. Maybe next time.” He floated off by himself, chuckling.